NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

6 hours ago, RpMc said:

So a lot of what happened in Philly sounds like it stems from Pederson not being liked to "be told what to do"

That's all Zimmer does to his OC's, so even if he were a fit and there weren't red flags... I doubt Pederson would be interested in being dictated to.

He might not have a choice if a HC job doesn’t come his way. But I’m confident that Pederson does get a HC gig right away. Young SB winning coaches aren’t easy to find and it wasn’t all that long ago. Seems that relationship in Philly soured quickly. Will be curious to see where he and Nick Foles both end up. 

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

Apparently, Pederson will only be happy in a situation where the owner is typically hands-off and he gets to pick the GM.  Those situations hardly ever work out.    

I'm not sure Pederson has earned that kind of clout in the NFL.  Perhaps in the XFL?

6 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I'm not sure Pederson has earned that kind of clout in the NFL.  Perhaps in the XFL?

He never earned that clout backing up Favre either...he never turned it into a starting chance like Brunell or Hasselbeck.   Maybe he has a little pent-up anger.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s going to be interesting. It’s basically going to be Urban and Kahn. I can’t imagine they’re going to get a legit GM candidate to come in there. 

Breaking news: Urban and Khan announce newcomer "Rod Wooden" as Jaguars' GM.

ZqbR5LI.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

It always baffles me how NFL owners get conned by these types of moves. 

I feel bad for Lawrence, or Fields. 

It'll be Lawrence.  Haskins has a higher chance of ending up on the Jags than does Fields.

Edited by RpMc