NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

9 minutes ago, disaacs said:

Terrible move.  

I don’t think so. Dorsey is a very good talent evaluator and is good at drafting. His weakness is managing the cap. If he gets a good capologist, he could do get that team on the right track. Providing he ousts Jackson and the coaching staff. 

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t think so. Dorsey is a very good talent evaluator and is good at drafting. His weakness is managing the cap. If he gets a good capologist, he could do get that team on the right track. Providing he ousts Jackson and the coaching staff. 

As I said in the NFL News forum, I personally disagree.  I think he tends to overdraft players.  Dee Ford was a 2nd/3rd rd talent that he took in the 1st rd.  That Tanoh Kpassagnon guy he took this year was a 5th rd/6th rd talent that he took in the 2nd.  And while some of the players that he drafts tend to be okay players, they aren't game-changing players, outside of Kelce.  I think he manages the draft very poorly and the Chiefs will pay the price for it here in the next couple of years.   

1 hour ago, disaacs said:

As I said in the NFL News forum, I personally disagree.  I think he tends to overdraft players.  Dee Ford was a 2nd/3rd rd talent that he took in the 1st rd.  That Tanoh Kpassagnon guy he took this year was a 5th rd/6th rd talent that he took in the 2nd.  And while some of the players that he drafts tend to be okay players, they aren't game-changing players, outside of Kelce.  I think he manages the draft very poorly and the Chiefs will pay the price for it here in the next couple of years.   

One thing I heard yesterday is that Dorsey had no roster control in KC. Don't know how accurate that is, though.

5 minutes ago, Klomp said:

One thing I heard yesterday is that Dorsey had no roster control in KC. Don't know how accurate that is, though.

Given Andy Reid’s controlling nature, I would certainly believe it. 

I’m still surprised that Reid ever allowed a GM in Kansas City to begin with. 

18 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Here's the tweet I was referencing.

But, then he needs to have control on whoever his head coach is too.  ;)

Dorsey and Jackson have never worked together, and come from 2 different philosophical trees.  It may work, but the odds are that it won't.  About the only thing they have in common is that Jackson went to Dorsey High in LA (and Hue worked for John Harbaugh for 2 years, who had worked for Andy Reid).  

I still don’t expect Jackson to be retained. It felt like a comment from the owner to try and minimize the chaos within the organization. 

Dorsey should get enough of a look over the next four weeks to make a good decision. And if Jackson goes 0-16, or 1-15 again, there’s no possible way you can bring him back. It would be a disaster in the locker room. 

On 12/8/2017 at 11:49 AM, SemperFeist said:

I still don’t expect Jackson to be retained. It felt like a comment from the owner to try and minimize the chaos within the organization. 

Dorsey should get enough of a look over the next four weeks to make a good decision. And if Jackson goes 0-16, or 1-15 again, there’s no possible way you can bring him back. It would be a disaster in the locker room. 

If Jackson gets fired after going 1-31 over two years, is there any other competition for all-time worst HC? 

The NFL projects the 2018 salary cap to fall somewhere between $174.2 million and $178.1 million for next year, via Ian Rapoport of NFL Media. The league will reveal the exact number before free agency begins in the spring.

It will mark the fourth consecutive year the salary cap has increased. This year’s salary cap is $167 million.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/12/report-2018-salary-cap-projects-somewhere-between-174-2-million-to-178-1-million/

11 hours ago, vike daddy said:

The NFL projects the 2018 salary cap to fall somewhere between $174.2 million and $178.1 million for next year, via Ian Rapoport of NFL Media. The league will reveal the exact number before free agency begins in the spring.

It will mark the fourth consecutive year the salary cap has increased. This year’s salary cap is $167 million.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/12/report-2018-salary-cap-projects-somewhere-between-174-2-million-to-178-1-million/

If that's the case, that's good news...maybe they can use some of the increase on extending Hunter or Kendricks next year, instead of waiting.  

• Like 1

I wouldn’t want a guy like that in the locker room. If you can’t motivate yourself to play, and give your best effort week in and week out, I’d want nothing to do with you.

It’s not a coincidence that his play fell off after he signed his $86M contract. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1