NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I think Orlando Brown is good.  But Baltimore is getting a lot of compensation.  I don't know...I'm glad the Vikings aren't sending #14 to the Ravens.

After the dust of all the picks settles, the Chiefs got Brown for the equivalent of the 45th pick, according to Albert Breer. 

It’s also the rough equivalent of swapping the 14th pick for the 27th pick. In terms of value. 

I was always intrigued by the idea of adding Brown Jr. On the surface, it doesn’t look like a scheme fit at all. So I’m certainly not disappointed that the Vikings weren’t the ones to make the move. But on the other hand, the Vikings were reportedly interested in obtaining Brown, which suggests that they would have had a plan for adding him to the offense. And in that way, I would have been intrigued by the move. 

Trading for Brown, and potentially adding a player like Leatherwood at 27, theoretically, would have made for an offensive line of a running back’s dreams. But that would also likely mean for a complete overhaul to the entire offensive scheme and playbook. And that’s where this likely falls apart. 

And that’s before you get to the financial aspect. 

Edited by SemperFeist