NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s crazy to see that with only 20 sacks (possible, but unlikely) this season, Myles Garrett could become the Browns all time sack leader in just 5 seasons. 

While the Browns have been around a long time, they've never really had that dominant player on defense that I can recall.  Offense is another story.  I mean the only guys I can even remember of any significance are Michael Dean Perry, Clay Matthews and Carl Hairston.  

49 minutes ago, swede700 said:

While the Browns have been around a long time, they've never really had that dominant player on defense that I can recall.  Offense is another story.  I mean the only guys I can even remember of any significance are Michael Dean Perry, Clay Matthews and Carl Hairston.  

60 sacks isn’t really needed to be dominant. Just someone relatively consistent. It’s a Brian Robison level players.

And that is what is the most surprising. Is that the Browns haven’t even had that over their franchise’s history. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Jaguars traded C.J. Henderson to the Panthers for Dan Arnold (TE) and a 3rd round pick. Henderson was a Top 10 pick in 2020. Seems like a low return, unless the Jags valued Arnold as a 2nd or 3rd round pick. 

Which is sort of why I said WTF above...I have no idea what Jacksonville is doing or even what their end goal is.  Are they trying to create such a bad franchise that they have to move it permanently to London?

5 hours ago, swede700 said:

Which is sort of why I said WTF above...I have no idea what Jacksonville is doing or even what their end goal is.  Are they trying to create such a bad franchise that they have to move it permanently to London?

Sorry, didn't see your post haha. But I agree. It's so weird. I get it with Rosen and Darnold. Not so much with a CB who missed half of his rookie season. Just a historically dysfunctional franchise.  

7 hours ago, swede700 said:

Mind. Boggling. Unless that pick is a bust....which, sure, they might think that. New regime there? 

13 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

Mind. Boggling. Unless that pick is a bust....which, sure, they might think that. New regime there? 

It is a new head coach, but they just drafted him a year ago with the #9 overall pick.  It's one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen, especially to get so little for a guy that they picked so high so recently.  Plus, the current GM was on the staff that drafted him...he wasn't new.  I'm just not understanding what their direction is.