NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce can join an exclusive club today. If Kelce catches four passes against the Bengals in the AFC Championship Game, he will have reached 100 catches in the playoffs in his career. He would be just the third player in NFL history to have 100 postseason catches.

Jerry Rice owns the all-time NFL record for postseason catches with 151. Julian Edelman is next with 118. Rob Gronkowski has 98, Kelce has 96 and Reggie Wayne has 93 to round out the Top 5 all time.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/30/travis-kelce-close-to-joining-jerry-rice-julian-edelman-as-only-players-with-100-playoff-catches/

I hope the Giants get massively fined and have significant draft assets taken away. 

I hope Stephen Ross is forced to sell the Dolphins. 

Brian Flores is exposing what many, if not all, of us have known for a very, very long time. It is not something that is going to change by changing or adding some rules. You can’t force organizations to hire people they don’t want to hire. But teams that are blatantly working in bad faith should absolutely be punished. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I hope the Giants get massively fined and have significant draft assets taken away. 

I hope Stephen Ross is forced to sell the Dolphins. 

Brian Flores is exposing what many, if not all, of us have known for a very, very long time. It is not something that is going to change by changing or adding some rules. You can’t force organizations to hire people they don’t want to hire. But teams that are blatantly working in bad faith should absolutely be punished. 

Is the issue that the Giants didn't follow the Rooney before deciding on Daboll?

I imagine it happens a lot that coaches are interviewed to satisfy the rule when they already plan on hiring someone else.  

It's hard to believe Ross offered him 100K per loss and didn't think that would get out

21 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Is the issue that the Giants didn't follow the Rooney before deciding on Daboll?

I imagine it happens a lot that coaches are interviewed to satisfy the rule when they already plan on hiring someone else.

Yes. That is the issue. 

And while we all know that it happens. Turning the rule into a farce should be met with penalty. 

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

It's hard to believe Ross offered him 100K per loss and didn't think that would get out

I don't know if you've dealt with people with that much money before. They aren't used to being told "no" and believe that their fortunes can buy them out of most anything (that belief isn't founded in fantasy either). Unless there is a recording, Ross likely felt confident in a "his word against mine scenario."  

The allegation may be enough to do him in. The NFL is far too connected with gambling to not take it seriously. If they don't self-police here, Congress might. The NFL certainly does not want that.