NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

6 minutes ago, swede700 said:

No way anyone deals the 4th overall pick for those picks. I just don't like this comparison at all. Odds are the 4th rounder won't start, ever. Odds are decent but not great the third will be average. The 4th pick is a great shot at a superstar. What they got instead was one likely starter and one shot at a starter and two lottery picks. I'd take the 4th overall pick every time in that scenario. 100%.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

No way anyone deals the 4th overall pick for those picks. I just don't like this comparison at all. Odds are the 4th rounder won't start, ever. Odds are decent but not great the third will be average. The 4th pick is a great shot at a superstar. What they got instead was one likely starter and one shot at a starter and two lottery picks. I'd take the 4th overall pick every time in that scenario. 100%.

Unless that 4th overall pick is Matt Kalil.  😉

• Like 1

Jerry Jeudy would be a really intriguing player to add. He’d be an excellent long term replacement for Thielen, and he could probably be gotten for relatively cheap both in terms of trade compensation (conditional 3rd?) and contract. 

Bradley would be an outstanding addition, although I do believe he plays the same role as Smith in the Fangio scheme. But he would most likely be far too expensive to add both trade compensation and contract wise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Jerry Jeudy would be a really intriguing player to add. He’d be an excellent long term replacement for Thielen, and he could probably be gotten for relatively cheap both in terms of trade compensation (conditional 3rd?) and contract. 

Bradley would be an outstanding addition, although I do believe he plays the same role as Smith in the Fangio scheme. But he would most likely be far too expensive to add both trade compensation and contract wise. 

Would be concerned about the cap implications since Jefferson and Jeudy were in the same draft class and play the same position. Jefferson is priority 1 in the off-season and will set the bar for elite WRs. 

51 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Would be concerned about the cap implications since Jefferson and Jeudy were in the same draft class and play the same position. Jefferson is priority 1 in the off-season and will set the bar for elite WRs. 

At this point Jeudy isn’t going to be expensive. He’s not in line for a top tier contract like Jefferson. Yes, Jefferson is the priority this offseason, and that’s so they can offset some of his extension into his rookie contract. Adding Jeudy wouldn’t change that. Jeudy, for whichever team he plays for, is unlikely to get his 5th year option picked up, and he’ll likely play 2023 before he’s given a new contract. By that point, the Vikings will likely be looking at many of the veteran, and high priced, contracts off the books. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think he'd be a solid option for us, although we seem set with Raegor as #4, Nailor as #5 and Chisena occupying the last space playing strictly STs.

I don’t think Tyler brings any unique skill sets to the Viking’s receiving corps. He may be crafty, but he is slow. If the Vikings were to acquire a WR, I would like to  see them sign someone who can stretch the field. Thielen and KJ do not exactly inspire fear for opposing defenses. Don’t get me wrong, they are solid WR’s but they do not consistently stretch the field. Bringing in a speedy WR could definitely open up the field for JJ. In this scenario, I would put Thielen in slot and bring Osborn in on 4 WR sets. 

• Like 1