NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

In the short term it looks like KAM was smart to risk trading in the division for more assets.  In hindsight Viking fans went a little overboard after the draft. Williams won't play until Dec and Watson has done nothing in GB. It can still bite them in the long run but it's time to admit for one season KAM was right. The players he took is a different debate.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Good move by the Eagles. 

Ryan Poles continues to be unimpressive. 

Yeah, you'd think with a guy who still has 2 more years left on his deal and has the highest cap number on your team that you could finagle a little more than just a 4th rd pick from a team that had plenty of space to take it on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Yeah, you'd think with a guy who still has 2 more years left on his deal and has the highest cap number on your team that you could finagle a little more than just a 4th rd pick from a team that had plenty of space to take it on.

I mean, just wow. 

This just makes Poles look incompetent. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

totally. any of us could have put together a better deal than that.

are Bears fans outraged? bewildered?

@Ty21
@AZBearsFan

No lol. It’s more than I was expecting really. A 32 year old DE that had a dynamite year last year but has done nothing this year with a hefty contract. Either we got a 4th and ate the money or got a 6th and traded the contract. 
The Bears are years off from competence and order on the roster, an aging asset wasn’t going to figure into future successes. The time to trade him was half a year ago, but this was still more than I expected to get. 

I figure the only reason to have a player older than 28 at this point is to fill a gap that doesn’t matter for the time being or to shore up Fields’ confidence in the meantime with something relatively competent. Otherwise this team just needs to stay young and endure the rebuild. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

totally. any of us could have put together a better deal than that.

are Bears fans outraged? bewildered?

@Ty21
@AZBearsFan

Most expected him to get moved during this past offseason, so for him to get moved now makes sense. Like Ty I was actually pleasantly surprised by the return, and I’m glad that Poles didn’t get blinded by the idea of being “in the hunt” at 3-4 in a weak NFC. The 2022 Bears aren’t going anywhere anyway.

For the Bears add an extra pick for 2023 (and likely a better one by keeping salary they were expecting to pay anyway) on top of having the same $14M gain in cap space in 2023 and $13M in 2024 they’d have gained by moving on from him in February is a pretty big win IMO. Had they waited to trade him until the offseason they’d have run the risk that he gets hurt and they get nothing at all for him. It’ll be a downgrade not having him for the next 10 games but having the added mid round draft capital next April will be more beneficial toward rebuilding our squad for the long haul. The Bears need a lot for the future - one where Quinn wasn’t gonna be here anyway. The more draft picks the better IMO. 

Edited by AZBearsFan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Rationalization is a heck of a drug. 

It’s really not that at all. Look back at the offseason threads in the Bears forum talking about Quinn. Nearly everyone said either “Move him for whatever you can get” or “Move him if you can get ______.”