NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

And he was claimed by the Rams...didn't think it was possible that he'd go to an even worse team (at least this year).  

How likely is it that the Rams claimed him just to "stick it" to the 49ers?  They seem to have no need for him on their team, I can't think of another plausible motive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, perrynoid said:

They seem to have no need for him on their team, I can't think of another plausible motive.

I'm not sure I'd go that far, they're starting John Wolford or Bryce Perkins. Sure, Mayfield may not be much of an upgrade at this point but I don't see the harm in the Rams kicking the tires.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Baker could be in the long terms plans. McVay might be able to coach him up a bit.

There's absolutely no way he's in their long-term plans (but the 2nd sentence is true).  They are going to "evaluate" him for the remainder of the year, but Stafford is there through 2025 at the very least, so there'd be no point to keeping him, unless he's truly resigned to being a backup for the remainder of his career, as he would be for the next 2 years, which he would probably be resigned to if he chose to sign there after the season. 

Edited by swede700

The Cowboys are trying to keep up with the Joneses. Via Ben Fischer of Sport Business Journal, up to $295 million in upgrades to AT&T Stadium are in the works.

The goal is to refresh premium spaces and upgrade technology before hosting the 2026 World Cup.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/09/cowboys-plan-295-million-upgrade-to-att-stadium/

@Heimdallr

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The Cowboys are trying to keep up with the Joneses. Via Ben Fischer of Sport Business Journal, up to $295 million in upgrades to AT&T Stadium are in the works.

The goal is to refresh premium spaces and upgrade technology before hosting the 2026 World Cup.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/09/cowboys-plan-295-million-upgrade-to-att-stadium/

@Heimdallr

Do they use grass or turf? FIFA requires grass 

Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts is having a season like no other.

Hurts has 22 passing touchdowns and 10 rushing touchdowns with only three interceptions. That kind of production is unprecedented in NFL history. Only two players have even reached those passing-rushing touchdown thresholds in a season (Kyler Murray and Cam Newton), and both of them threw at least 10 interceptions in the season when they scored that many touchdowns.

Hurts has the lowest interception percentage in the NFL this season, having thrown an interception on just 0.8 percent of his passes. His passer rating of 108.4 is the best in the NFL.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/12/jalen-hurts-putting-up-unprecedented-numbers/