NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

8 hours ago, swede700 said:

We'll have to see...Minshew isn't exactly the same type of QB as Hurts is, so they won't be able to run the same type of offense.  Hopefully, that'll be enough to screw them up.  😄

I was in Cleveland in August and saw the Eagles play the Browns.  Granted, hardly any starters played foe either team, but Minshew was sharp and seemed to be in total control of the offense.  He's not Hurts, but I suspect he will play relatively well and the Eagles will be fine...darn it!!!!

Franco Harris appeared Tuesday on SiriusXM Mad Dog Radio with Chris Russo. The Hall of Famer explained his thought process of the play.

Harris: “When the ball is in the air, I tell myself, ‘Go to the ball. Go to the ball,' that’s what Joe [Paterno] preached to us all, all four years at Penn State. Always go to the ball. And when he threw that ball, automatically, my mind said, ‘Go to the ball.’

“And so I start taking some steps to the ball, and I remember nothing after that. Which is — it blows my mind that I have no visual, no recollection, no memory of anything until I’m stiff-arming Jimmy Warren going into the end zone.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/21/in-final-radio-interview-franco-harris-sums-up-immaculate-reception-go-to-the-ball/

Matt Ryan didn't lose that game...but he certainly didn't win it either.  

I remember though, how way back when here in the Forum, Matt Ryan was the guy I was clamoring for the Vikings to take in that draft.  Unfortunately, he didn't fall anywhere near where they could have taken him.  Of course, it worked out because they traded their pick to get Jared Allen instead (the Chiefs ended up with Branden Albert, who had a decent career there).  

• Like 1

Earlier this week, the NFL sent out a memo to owners around the league. They pointed out that teams have spent a combined $800 million on fired coaches and executives over the past five years. They even made spreadsheets for each team, itemizing all the employees they have fired and the costs they have incurred.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/ramblings/2022/kliff-kingsbury-roasting-open-fire-coaching-hot-seats

What's pretty funny is that Pat Shurmur is still getting paid by the Giants despite getting fired 3 years ago.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, swede700 said:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/ramblings/2022/kliff-kingsbury-roasting-open-fire-coaching-hot-seats

What's pretty funny is that Pat Shurmur is still getting paid by the Giants despite getting fired 3 years ago.  

What's their objective? Do they think the owners don't know how much they are paying fired coaches?

41 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

What's their objective? Do they think the owners don't know how much they are paying fired coaches?

Would it surprise you if they didn't?  It actually wouldn't surprise me all that much.  Not all owners are skinflints and know exactly how much money is going in and going out, they just want to know what their bank account says.  

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

Sounds like Olis Udohs charges have been dismissed.

yes, and that was the bathroom incident? 

i do remember many calling for his immediate dismaissal from the team, and called him a predator. others wanted more details to forumlate an opinion.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

yes, and that was the bathroom incident? 

i do remember many calling for his immediate dismaissal from the team, and called him a predator. others wanted more details to forumlate an opinion.

Yeah the same case.

Thats what i was kinda of thinking too. Always gotta wait for things to work themselves out.