NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

3 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

It sounds like Bieniemy is going to leave too.

That's certainly a possibility with Washington's opening...but like the situation of going to the Chargers, if Rivera has the potential of getting fired after the next year, why would you leave the cushy job with Reid?  Especially once Bienemy leaves, Reid already has the successor on staff in Nagy.

Edited by swede700

1 minute ago, battle2heaven said:

It sounds like Bieniemy is going to leave too.

I wonder if an Arians/Bowels situation comes into play.

Reid retires and comes on as as consultant with Bieniemy taking over as HC? Reid is 64 - yes I know there are several HC's that are older. What does Reid truly have left to prove?

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That's certainly a possibility with Washington's opening...but like the situation of going to the Chargers, if Rivera has the potential of getting fired after the next year, why would you leave the cushy job with Reid?  Especially once Bienemy leaves, Reid already has the successor on staff in Nagy.

Just a lot of smoke he's leaving. AZ OC, Wash or Ravens OC from what I've gathered. Sometime it's good for a change of scenery. 

8 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Just a lot of smoke he's leaving. AZ OC, Wash or Ravens OC from what I've gathered. Sometime it's good for a change of scenery. 

I imagine it would be a hard call.  I would both relish in being in that position and also hating it.  I still think his history of having a volatile temperament has worked against him.  People are looking for even-keeled personalities to lead their teams these days rather than the fiery ones like a Flores or Zimmer.   

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

he says he's having fun. he says he's an older man with a younger man's attitude.

doesn't always have to be about proving something.

Agreed.  He has nothing left to prove...now he's just doing it simply because he loves to do it.  And he's still 7 years younger than Pete Carroll.  Hell, he's only 10 years younger than his mentor, Mike Holmgren, who retired from coaching 15 yrs ago.  

Edited by swede700

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

Steichen to the Colts and Gannon to the Cards?  Yet, the SB champions get to keep both their coordinators?  Yes, that sounds just like NFL ownerships...

Well…it doesn’t sound like Bieniemy is going to be back in KC, and Spagnuolo has already gotten, and failed with his opportunities. 

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Well…it doesn’t sound like Bieniemy is going to be back in KC, and Spagnuolo has already gotten, and failed with his opportunities. 

Well, Spags only had the one real opportunity, and yes, was a failure.  But we've seen HCs just as bad get multiple opportunities.  Spags is already 63 however, so that chance has likely passed.

While I didn't watch him play, I did watch lots of his highlights on an old VHS tape from NFL Films that my grandparents had...he was mean son of a gun.  What I remember from that tape was him and Mike "Mad Dog" Curtis.

Edited by swede700