NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

57 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I do think it’s funny that the Colts fired Frank Reich only to hire Steve Steichen, who was the QB coach under Reich with the Chargers. 

Especially given Irsay’s comments during the season about bringing back the culture from the Manning/Dungy days. 

That is kinda funny.  Especially considering the Chargers really weren't all that special during that time (outside of having Rivers and Gates)...but then again, Sirianni was the QB coach under Reich first, when Steichen was just the quality control coach...all under Mike McCoy.  

Edited by swede700

It'll be interesting to see what they do then to fill those spots...I imagine they'll promote Dennard Wilson to DC, but what about OC?  Promote Patullo?  He's been with Sirianni for awhile.  They could also promote Brian Johnson...or does he go outside the organization?

I do find it funny that instead of going the "complete opposite" as teams generally do, the Cardinals only just went to a young defensive first-time NFL head coach when their last one was a young offensive first-time NFL head coach.  Generally, when teams fire head coaches, they try to go completely opposite, but in this case, the only opposite factor is that they went from offense to defense, otherwise there isn't much difference between Kingsbury and Gannon.

Edited by swede700

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I do find it funny that instead of going the "complete opposite" as teams generally do, the Cardinals only just went to a young defensive first-time NFL head coach when their last one was a young offensive first-time NFL head coach.  Generally, when teams fire head coaches, they try to go completely opposite, but in this case, the only opposite factor is that they went from offense to defense, otherwise there isn't much difference between Kingsbury and Gannon.

Also pretty shady what they did with Vance Joseph. When they knew he wasn't going to be the HC, they should have released him from his contract and let him interview with other teams. Especially knowing they were targeting a defensive HC in Gannon (and Lou), whom most likely are going to bring in their own guys to run THEIR defense.

Pretty lame on their part.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Pretty lame on their part.

That's how that ownership has operated as long as I've paid attention to the NFL, back even when they were still in St. Louis.  They, along with the Spanos' and Mike Brown, even to an extent, have ran the worst operations in the NFL in that time.  

Edited by swede700