NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

I can't lie, if the Vikings won a single Super Bowl at the cost of having a disaster of a roster for the next five years I would be very happy to take that deal.

That said, I hope the Vikings do not go with that strategy because there is no way to guarantee the team wins a Super Bowl by going all in on a single year and if it doesn't work out  you are still left with the disaster.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

I can't lie, if the Vikings won a single Super Bowl at the cost of having a disaster of a roster for the next five years I would be very happy to take that deal.

That said, I hope the Vikings do not go with that strategy because there is no way to guarantee the team wins a Super Bowl by going all in on a single year and if it doesn't work out  you are still left with the disaster.

You don’t go all in with a likely bottom tier defense and Kirk Cousins as your QB. Maybe if you’ve got a top 5 QB at the end of their career and want to make a final run at it (think jets if they land Rodgers) but Cousins isn’t the QB to throw five years away for a 1-2 year window. 

Maybe history repeats itself and Rodgers is the QB in 2024. Then what? 

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

You don’t go all in with a likely bottom tier defense and Kirk Cousins as your QB. Maybe if you’ve got a top 5 QB at the end of their career and want to make a final run at it (think jets if they land Rodgers) but Cousins isn’t the QB to throw five years away for a 1-2 year window. 

Maybe history repeats itself and Rodgers is the QB in 2024. Then what? 

Matthew Stafford was not better than Kirk Cousins. If anything, they are the same level of quarterback.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Matthew Stafford was not better than Kirk Cousins. If anything, they are the same level of quarterback.

Didn’t the Rams have a really good defense led by Aaron Donald. Cousins doesn’t have that. We will be lucky to field a top 20 defense based on the talent. 

8 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Didn’t the Rams have a really good defense led by Aaron Donald. Cousins doesn’t have that. We will be lucky to field a top 20 defense based on the talent. 

Part of the reason they had a really good defense was because they gave up high draft picks for established veterans and signed free agents to bad contracts...which is why they are in the predicament they are in today. If the Vikings wanted to follow that blueprint, they'd have a decent shot at a Super Bowl. But if they missed, we'd have the same issues and no Super Bowl. The Rams could have just as easily been the cautionary tale if Cincinnatti made just a couple more plays.

• Like 3

I really wonder what his trade value is. Of the “on the market” guys he would still be my preferred target if I was any team needing a WR with the WR draft not having a ton of top guys. 

Over a trade of Nuk

Over a signing of OBJ

Probably wanting a 1st rounder, but honestly would probably give up a 1st for him over all the WR’s in the draft not named JSN and that still would be close for me.

2 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

I really wonder what his trade value is. Of the “on the market” guys he would still be my preferred target if I was any team needing a WR with the WR draft not having a ton of top guys. 

Over a trade of Nuk

Over a signing of OBJ

Probably wanting a 1st rounder, but honestly would probably give up a 1st for him over all the WR’s in the draft not named JSN and that still would be close for me.

I actually think they should pass, just due to monetary reasons. He is the same draft class as JJ (and Reagor lol). He's going to want to get paid. Pretty soon you will have huge money in JJ and then probably Jeudy. I don't think that will work for the team structure. 

• Like 1