NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

Cardinals safety Budda Baker wants to play elsewhere. Baker has requested a trade, according to multiple reports.

The request comes at a time when some cryptic social media posts from Baker, and the lack of any reference to the Cardinals on his Twitter bio, has led to speculation that he’s unhappy in Arizona. Baker has not specifically stated publicly that he wants out, but he did make comments in February criticizing the team’s lack of preparation last season.

The 27-year-old Baker was a 2017 second-round pick who has spent his entire career with the Cardinals. He has been selected to the Pro Bowl five times. Last year he started 15 games and had two interceptions.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/14/budda-baker-asks-cardinals-to-trade-him/

30 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

That’s now 2 contracts signed (Murray and Hurts) that just show that a QB is not going to get the level of guarantees that Watson got from Cleveland. 

And signals to Lamar Jackson that he needs to compromise on that point of how much a guarantee he is looking for.  Of course, as we've said over and over again, he would have his money already if he had an agent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

That’s now 2 contracts signed (Murray and Hurts) that just show that a QB is not going to get the level of guarantees that Watson got from Cleveland. 

Lamar's idea of what he's worth and reality are two different things.

Part of me says "former MVP, so he should get slightly more," but the other part of me says "Hurts took them to a Super Bowl, so it's a wash."

All of Lamar is probably saying "MORE!!!!"

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, vike daddy said:

qb-rank.jpg

maybe this NFC QB ranking is more in line with the thinking of our Clan...

That's one of the better ones. I still think Hurts is a bit overhyped, but his placement at the top is justified. I'd still take Kirk over Dak every day of the week and twice on Mondays, Thursdays, Sundays and the occasional Saturdays. Stafford...meh. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

That's one of the better ones. I still think Hurts is a bit overhyped, but his placement at the top is justified. I'd still take Kirk over Dak every day of the week and twice on Mondays, Thursdays, Sundays and the occasional Saturdays. Stafford...meh. 

I agree.  Stafford belongs in one of the lower tiers.

• Like 1