NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

If Risner was willing to take $3.3MM, I'd think the Vikings would have to jump at that. But that amount sounds like high-level backup money, not starter money. Which is what Risner likely wants. And unless something changes in the draft, he would be starting here.

Just now, wcblack34 said:

As the current roster sits? I think it's as close to a given as you can get. 

They gave Brandel the contract that people are talking about with Risner. And they re-signed him quick into the free agent season. The Vikings like Brandel, and I would expect him to be the starter at LG to open camp. 

• Like 2

Bill Belichick says the NFL’s new kickoff rule, which will see 10 players on the kicking team and nine players on the return team lined up five yards apart, will lead teams to prioritize size over speed on special teams.

Belichick: “There will be more of an emphasis on size players in the return game than speed. You just need guys who can play at the point of attack, shed blocks and defend their space because of the new alignment. So I think it will increase the size of the players that are on the field. And I do think that because everybody is spread across the field, if these returners, if they hit a little bit of space, they’re gone.”

“There’s more opportunity for players to play on special teams than there had been the last couple years when literally 90 percent of the kickoffs were going out of the end zone."

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/bill-belichick-new-kickoff-rule-makes-size-more-important-than-speed-on-special-teams

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Bill Belichick says the NFL’s new kickoff rule, which will see 10 players on the kicking team and nine players on the return team lined up five yards apart, will lead teams to prioritize size over speed on special teams.

Belichick: “There will be more of an emphasis on size players in the return game than speed. You just need guys who can play at the point of attack, shed blocks and defend their space because of the new alignment. So I think it will increase the size of the players that are on the field. And I do think that because everybody is spread across the field, if these returners, if they hit a little bit of space, they’re gone.”

“There’s more opportunity for players to play on special teams than there had been the last couple years when literally 90 percent of the kickoffs were going out of the end zone."

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/bill-belichick-new-kickoff-rule-makes-size-more-important-than-speed-on-special-teams

I’m here for it. Make Kickoffs Great Again!

Last year’s uniform unveiling was almost universally great. This, it’s been the exact opposite. 

The Broncos’ uniforms look like they raided the set of Blue Mountain State. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

I wish more teams that had great uniforms in the past would just realize that and go back to them.  The Jets finally realized that and basically went back to their 80s unis.  While the Vikings' current unis are fine, they aren't nearly as good as the originals, so if they ever do decide to change again, let's go back. 

The Broncos never should have changed from the snorting D logo in the first place, as I hated that new logo from the start...and the navy blue being a primary color has also always been a mistake. They never should have messed with what worked.  They're continuing to double down on those mistakes.

I feel the same way about the Dolphins' logo.  The old logo was fun...the new one they went to was just flat-out boring.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I wish more teams that had great uniforms in the past would just realize that and go back to them.  The Jets finally realized that and basically went back to their 80s unis.  While the Vikings' current unis are fine, they aren't nearly as good as the originals, so if they ever do decide to change again, let's go back. 

The Broncos never should have changed from the snorting D logo in the first place, as I hated that new logo from the start...and the navy blue being a primary color has also always been a mistake. They never should have messed with what worked.  They're continuing to double down on those mistakes.

I feel the same way about the Dolphins' logo.  The old logo was fun...the new one they went to was just flat-out boring.

Add Tampa Bay and New England to that list as well.