NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

48 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Has nothing to do with being “creative,” that was nowhere on my post. WRs creating separation, has nothing to do with QB creativity.

He currently has receivers that are being creatively schemed open - you’re kidding yourself if you think the current corps of Browns receivers could slot into what the Packers offense has been under Rodgers/McCarthy and be as successful as the were this year. 

I think Baker is going to be a fine QB, but if McCarthy comes in and installs what they’ve been doing on Green Bay, I would expect him to falter unless the vastly improve the WR talent. 

I don't think McCarthy is the guy for Mayfield and the Browns.  In truth, as despicable as he is, I expect Gregg Williams to get the job and give a healthy extension to Freddy Kitchens. 

14 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The TV color commentator hires the TV draft analyst. 

The Raiders are going trying really hard to get back to the 2003-2014 glory days. 

I think they just signed Randy Moss, Charles Woodson, and Steve Young to round out the ESPN team. 

5 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

No way Stefanski gets a HC job.... ..right? 

Then again who knows with the way teams are hiring these days.

I don't think he will, but teams are always looking for the newest hot coach now with the successes of Nagy and McVay. I think if he does a decent job one year as an OC then he'd be a very hot commodity in 2020.

6 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I don't think he will, but teams are always looking for the newest hot coach now with the successes of Nagy and McVay. I think if he does a decent job one year as an OC then he'd be a very hot commodity in 2020.

This is the more likely scenario. Which would potentially put us back to square 1 with another OC. 

Good grief Antonio Brown!!  What is it about the Wide Receiver position that attracts such prima donna behavior???  Brown is another receiver I hope that never wears a Viking uniform!! 

1 hour ago, Virginia Viking said:

Good grief Antonio Brown!!  What is it about the Wide Receiver position that attracts such prima donna behavior???  Brown is another receiver I hope that never wears a Viking uniform!! 

So are so incredibly lucky with the personalities we have at our WR spots. Both are stars, but just keep their mouth shut and show up and do their job.

2 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

It's a requirement to be a prima donna to be a NFL WR.  Probably goes back at least as far as Lynn Swann, if not further.  

23 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It's a requirement to be a prima donna to be a NFL WR.  Probably goes back at least as far as Lynn Swann, if not further.  

In the scheme of things Swann doesn't seem so long ago.  Anyway, give me guys like Gene Washington, Max McGee, Raymond Berry, Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch, and Don Hutson!!!  Wait a minute...I think those are my drinking buddies here at the rest home!!!