NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

9 hours ago, Klomp said:

Time to circle the wagons!

No better place to send a malcontent than the hoppin' night life of Buffalo. They should have taken whatever offer the Bills gave them.  Personally, I just think the Steelers should play hardball and do a TO-style suspension.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 9:04 AM, Virginia Viking said:

The Browns are apparently shopping Kevin Zeitler. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/06/report-kevin-zeitlers-name-has-been-thrown-around-in-trade-talks/

I was really interested in him when he was coming out of college.  What would the Browns want in exchange, I wonder?

He's been dealt to the Giants for Olivier Vernon and a swap of mid-round draft picks I believe.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26190143/sources-giants-agree-trade-vernon-browns

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Jaguars going through a purge, Malik Jackson, Carols Hyde, Tashaun Gipson, Jermey Parnell all cut.

When will our "purge" begin?

There isn't going to be one.  Unlike the Jaguars, the Vikings haven't had a front office turnover.  Most of the guys they released (except for Hyde) signed pre-Coughlin.  

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

There isn't going to be one.  Unlike the Jaguars, the Vikings haven't had a front office turnover.  Most of the guys they released (except for Hyde) signed pre-Coughlin.  

I'm talking about decisions on Remmers, Sendejo, Rudy and Griffen.

5 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I'm talking about decisions on Remmers, Sendejo, Rudy and Griffen.

OK...misunderstood then. :D

The 15th is the target date for Everson as his salary is guaranteed then.  The others are still flexible since their salaries aren't guaranteed.

Edited by swede700

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

OK...misunderstood then. :D

The 15th is the target date for Everson as his salary is guaranteed then.  The others are still flexible since their salaries aren't guaranteed.

No worries, just seems they'd want as much money as possible freed up at the start of free agency on the 13th.

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

No worries, just seems they'd want as much money as possible freed up at the start of free agency on the 13th.

I can't imagine they're going to be active at all in the first couple of days...they'll probably wait until the 2nd wave (if even then) to get involved in anything.