NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

Drew Brees would also have to be in that conversation. He's playing well now, would fit the offense, and wouldn't force the Vikings to commit long term given his age. If Teddy and Bradford don't have it this year, I think I'd rather see them take a flyer on Brees than try to jump up in the draft for one of the QBs coming out this year.

The 49ers wouldn’t have traded a second-round pick for Garoppolo if they didn’t either already have an understanding with him about what it would take to get him signed to a long-term contract, or have plans to put the franchise tag on him in March. The franchise tag would guarantee him a 2018 salary of somewhere around $25 million, so he’d be crazy to sign for anything less than $25 million up front. One way or the other, Garoppolo is going to be a very rich man within the next five months.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/30/jimmy-garoppolo-will-be-expensive-but-49ers-have-the-cap-space/

11 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Jay Ajayi to the Eagles for a 4th round pick:

That will have to put them as the top team in the NFC for the rest of the season. He's a talented RB and can do well when there is some offense around him, which there wasn't in Miami. All the Ajayi fantasy owners should be rejoicing as well.

14 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Don't understand the appeal of the band. 

I don't either...but my wife was a fan of theirs until after the Joshua Tree album, at which point she said they "sold out."  She was big into the 80s Euro scene with Depeche Mode, The Smiths, U2, et al.  I was more of a grunge guy.  :D

25 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Yes, there was yet another trade at the deadline, and this trade deadline has been completely crazy.

Ok, it took like 5 minutes after seeing this until it dawned on me that I have Tyrod Taylor in my main FF league. Sweet!