NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

17 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The Giants are the worst run organization in the NFL.

Cleveland is doing great things. 

Signing him to an extension, paying him bonus money to just trade him is idiotic. He is counting 16 million against their cap and 17 against the Browns. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Baker, Obj, Juice, Calloway, Njoku, Chubb, Hunt > Kirk, Cook, Diggs, Thielen, Rudy

I think that's a bit of a disservice to Diggs and a Thielen.  Sure OBj is a cut above those two but Landry pretty far behind, so the sum of the two adds a lot, the rest is kind of a wash imo (although Cousins [right now] is a better QB)

*disregard If this was fictitious*

Edited by Dolmonite26

It's not like the Giants had a shot at Mayfield and Darnold, Rosen and Allen don't look good at this point. But the decision to hang onto Eli for so long and giving OBJ away (they should have held out for more) doesn't look good.

Barkley looks like a stud but they need to find a QB who can step in from day one and turn that team around. 

Doubt Shurmur makes it to year 3.

1 minute ago, Dolmonite26 said:

I think that's a bit of a disservice to Diggs and a Thielen.  Sure OBj is a cut above those two but Landry pretty far behind, so the sum of the two adds a lot, the rest is kind of a wash imo (although Cousins [right now] is a better QB)

I don't think Landry is that far behind at all. I think Landry is a bit underrated and Diggs is a bit overrated here. I love Thielen and Diggs, but OBJ and Landry are the better duo IMO

Just now, vikingsrule said:

It's not like the Giants had a shot at Mayfield and Darnold, Rosen and Allen don't look good at this point. But the decision to hang onto Eli for so long and giving OBJ away (they should have held out for more) doesn't look good.

Barkley looks like a stud but they need to find a QB who can step in from day one and turn that team around. 

Doubt Shurmur makes it to year 3.

The Giants could have had Darnold.

Just now, vikestyle said:

I don't think Landry is that far behind at all. I think Landry is a bit underrated and Diggs is a bit overrated here. I love Thielen and Diggs, but OBJ and Landry are the better duo IMO

Landry is puffed up by his high reception numbers in Miami. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Cook isn't in the same league as Hunt. Chubb looks fantastic too, he's probably better than Cook too. 

Dont know about Cousins over Mayfield honestly. That might be a wash. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Cousins is not a better QB right now. 

• Like 1

I was a big time hater of the Barkley pick last year, and this makes that pick so much worse. If they were planning on trying to go all-in with Eli, then fine whatever. Even though that was a horrible idea. Now you get a little better on the OL, but trade away the only guy on that offense that could truly open things for Saquon. Now you are going to rebuild during the best years of your 2nd overall picks career that you passed on Darnold for. Makes zero sense to me.

Initially, sure, it’s easy to say that the Giants are a garbage fire, and that this was a horrible move, but I think they must have a plan in place. Gettleman did well as a GM for the Giants previously, and he did well with the Panthers. The cap situation after a spendy 2016 offseason was not great when he came back, and he has quite a task ahead to right the ship. OBJ is a great WR, one of the best in the league, but he has been a diva and has a lot of off the field questions. The return for him so far seems to be pretty good, especially with what the Steelers got for AB, and now the Giants and Gettleman are going to have a decent amount of assets to start a strong rebuild. They can grab their QBotF early in the draft and another offensive weapon with their two 1st’s.. maybe they send some pics to AZ for Rosen who will be ready to go sooner than a rookie may be, and they probably would still retain at least one of their 1st round picks. Yes, the Giants do not look good at this moment, but they have a stud in Barkley, they probably have a vision, they have draft assets to build, and they have a proven GM. This season and maybe the next are probably sacrificed, but sometimes you have to break bones to heal. And in the meantime, the Browns are immediately very very relevant.