NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

I've never like Tomlin as a head coach. The talent in Pittsburgh seems to be on a major decline and at Big ben's age, how much longer will he be able to carry the team? 

Baltimore will surely be in the mix, I'm just not confident in Jackson and I don't think he's anywhere near Mayfield at this stage. The talent gap in that division is much smaller than it has been in awhile.

But you're right, coaching could be an ex factor maybe for Baltimore, just not convinced Tomlin's "coaching" will help propel the team, if anything, the culture seems to be eroding under Tomlin over time. Big Ben seems to walk on water while Brown seemed to get away with whatever he wants. The defense has slowly declined since the Cowher days too. 

I don't disagree on Pittsburgh and Tomlin, but I just don't count them out.  It's quite possible that it was Brown alone that was such a cancer that his subtraction will be an addition.  

14 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

What's the deal with luck retiring? I was at the bar and someone told me and I hardly believed him until I opened Facebook

I don't know, but much respect to a guy that can walk away from a $123M contract.  I don't think that I would have it in me to do that. That takes some conviction. Hopefully his conviction is towards solid priorities. Football is just a game. Best of luck to Luck; he was fun to watch while he was out there.

It is too bad for the Colts that it happened so close to the season. 

Edited by Cearbhall

6 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

What's the deal with luck retiring? I was at the bar and someone told me and I hardly believed him until I opened Facebook

Took too much of a physical beating.  If it would continue, the quality of his future life would be compromised.  He's had concussions, multiple injuries to internal organs, and, recently, lingering ankle problems that put his mobility in question (which could bring on a spate of new serious injuries from not being able to avoid being clobbered in future games).  He wants to avoid being a young cripple.

It's a rotton shame that such a talented QB was only able to play 6 seasons in The NFL.

Edited by Robb_K

2 hours ago, Robb_K said:

Took too much of a physical beating.  If it would continue, the quality of his future life would be compromised.  He's had concussions, multiple injuries to internal organs, and, recently, lingering ankle problems that put his mobility in question (which could bring on a spate of new serious injuries from not being able to avoid being clobbered in future games).  He wants to avoid being a young cripple.

It's a rotton shame that such a talented QB was only able to play 6 seasons in The NFL.

Good for him being able to walk away before he had to

15 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Hypothetically, would you trade Diggs for Clowney?

I would not. The Vikings are already hurting at WR and are not in bad shape at DE. I have a lot more faith in the team's ability to find a DE in the future than I have in their ability to find a WR in the future.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

has there ever been another draft class where the Top 5 all busted hard?

or excuse me, under achieved relative to their perceived potential?

Luck took his team to the AFC championship, and was one of the best QBs in the game the last seven years. What bust?