NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

I don't blame the players. They showed a willingness to trade players already

Absolutely not, but I think if I was a high end player that has a bigger or newer contract I would be wanting to stay. 

Will be closer to the face, even on a losing team. Your value would be going up, and just living in Florida with their tax’s is probably nice for them.

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

If the players aren't any good, I don't care whether they want to be traded or not, they have no trade value.  You want to go somewhere else?  Play better and raise your value.  

Sure they do, Danny Isadora was worth a draft pick.....

Vedvick was also worth a 5th......

average NFL players will always have a value for trade, and usually someone bites.

say even someone like Kenyan Drake right now, who I believe could be one who wanted out, he will have a value in a trade, look what happened to Hyde and Johnson just a week or so ago.

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

Sure they do, Danny Isadora was worth a draft pick.....

Vedvick was also worth a 5th......

average NFL players will always have a value for trade, and usually someone bites.

say even someone like Kenyan Drake right now, who I believe could be one who wanted out, he will have a value in a trade, look what happened to Hyde and Johnson just a week or so ago.

The difference is that Isidora and Vedvik were coming from good teams in the Vikings and Ravens.  Average players on bad teams and bad organizations have little to no trade value.  See the history of the Browns.  

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

The difference is that Isidora and Vedvik were coming from good teams in the Vikings and Ravens.  Average players on bad teams and bad organizations have little to no trade value.  See the history of the Browns.  

Browns just in 2016 made player trades sending a CB to the Steelers, a LB to the Patriots, and a Punter to the Panthers.

they finished 1-15 that year. 

Average players, with potential and can improve another team will always have a value. 

10 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Browns just in 2016 made player trades sending a CB to the Steelers, a LB to the Patriots, and a Punter to the Panthers.

they finished 1-15 that year. 

Average players, with potential and can improve another team will always have a value. 

Justin Gilbert and Barkevious Mingo had high talent as first round picks and Andy Lee is not an average punter.  I'll give you Kenyan Drake as he has a track record, but there isn't another real high talent player on that roster worth trading for. I'm not sure you could get more than a bucket of balls for guys like Albert Wilson (who wasn't very good in KC either) or any of those other no-name players on that roster...and they aren't going to trade a guy like Minkah Fitzpatrick, who probably is the only high talent guy they have on that defense, outside of their rookie Christian Wilkins.  

Edited by swede700

10 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Justin Gilbert and Barkevious Mingo had high talent as first round picks and Andy Lee is not an average punter.  I'll give you Kenyan Drake as he has a track record, but there isn't another real high talent player on that roster worth trading for. I'm not sure you could get more than a bucket of balls for guys like Albert Wilson (who wasn't very good in KC either) or any of those other no-name players on that roster...and they aren't going to trade a guy like Minkah Fitzpatrick, who probably is the only high talent guy they have on that defense, outside of their rookie Christian Wilkins.  

Jerome Baker, Wilkins, Fitzpatrick, McMillian and Howard I would say would be about untouchable unless you are giving up some good draft capital.

Kenyon Drake, Devonte Parker, Reshad Jones, Godchaux, Josh Rosen, Kallen Ballage, all could end up being bought for something if they put them out there. Albeit, Parker may be on the low end, closer to maybe a 7th, I could see him still getting draft capital. 

They just don’t have many stars on their team at important positions, but they do have average players that would make most teams. 

No quarterback in NFL history has started his career like Patrick Mahomes.

On Sunday, Mahomes set the NFL record for the most passing yards by a player in the first 20 games of his career — and it was only Mahomes’ 18th game. Mahomes now has 5,759 passing yards in 18 career games. The previous record of most passing yards through 20 career games was 5,613, set by Kurt Warner two decades ago.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/10/patrick-mahomes-outpacing-every-other-quarterback-ever/

Aaron Colvin was released by the Texans after he got torched on Monday night. Haven't followed his career, but with our CB depth issues would he be worth a look? He played 1 game with the Texans so his guaranteed money has to be paid this year - meaning he might come cheap.

6 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Aaron Colvin was released by the Texans after he got torched on Monday night. Haven't followed his career, but with our CB depth issues would he be worth a look? He played 1 game with the Texans so his guaranteed money has to be paid this year - meaning he might come cheap.

Seems drastic to cut a player after one bad game, so I’m inclined to believe it’s been on the Texans mind for some time now. 

Did Captain Munnerlyn ever get picked up. If we’re down a slot CB because Alexander or Hughes can’t go, I’d consider him.