NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

The Pro Football Hall of Fame unveiled its list of modern-era nominees for the Class of 2020 on Thursday.

his year's compilation includes 63 offensive players, 43 defensive players and 16 special teamers.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001053757/article/reggie-wayne-troy-polamalu-lead-firsttime-hof-candidates

Former Vikings of note: Randall Cunningham, Matt Birk, Steve Hutchinson, Chris Hinton, Donovan McNabb, Gary Anderson, Ryan Longwell

Sam Darnold has mono. Bell is getting an MRI on his shoulder.

New England is a great team, but they have the absolute benefit of playing in the single worst division in football. It's not really fair. The Jets, Bills, and Dolphins could all very well be drafting inside the top 10 this year (presuming the Bills don't take a big leap forward). 

2 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

New England is a great team, but they have the absolute benefit of playing in the single worst division in football. It's not really fair. The Jets, Bills, and Dolphins could all very well be drafting inside the top 10 this year (presuming the Bills don't take a big leap forward). 

It’s been this way for awhile. When have any of these teams really been relevant? Maybe the Jets under Rex Ryan for a year or two. Otherwise, it’s been a garbage division since the start of the Pats dynasty.

10 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

It’s been this way for awhile. When have any of these teams really been relevant? Maybe the Jets under Rex Ryan for a year or two. Otherwise, it’s been a garbage division since the start of the Pats dynasty.

I should have clarified, this is a yearly thing. It essentially gives them a head start that other teams just don't have. 

Joe Thomas: “When I was in my seventh year, the Broncos were making a run, Peyton Manning was still the quarterback. Peyton called me up and basically asked me to go Antonio Brown on our GM at the time in order to get traded. Because there was some conversation about trading me to the Broncos because they had lost their left tackle for the season. And he asked me to go into my GM’s office and poop on his desk. “

Keep in mind, Thomas has gone on record claiming he’d eat 4,200 calories on INACTIVE days. Before bed, he used to two big glasses of whole milk and a sleeve of thin mint Girl Scout cookies to keep the weight on. Even worse, in high school, Thomas would take an entire loaf of bread, make it all into PB&J sandwiches, and the eat half a sandwich every hour with a glass of whole milk until the loaf was gone.

I wouldn’t wish his Chernobyl dumps on my worst enemy.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/joe-thomas-peyton-manning-traded-browns/?fbclid=IwAR2mmi8CmrUtJBYy4Lwtff5Cv-zzHN6h56z6b0aGA882jxZh8ODFbSiCMvo

• Like 2

Fitzpatrick is crazy talented, but I believe he'd play the same position as Harrison Smith in this defense. I'm sure he could fill Anthony Harris' role, but Harris has been excellent since he's taken over. Not sure that we want to allocate draft resources to the position.

Still, I wouldn't fault them if they did. He has the potential to be every bit as good, or better, than Harrison. 

If only Miami had any talent at LG...

• Like 1