NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

55 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

He's a Safety in Miami. 

He was mostly used as a slot corner last year. Also played outside corner for them last year, and both safety positions. 

He can line up in various positions like Harrison Smith but the Vikings could easily use him as a slot corner instead of Alexander/Kearse or an outside corner rotating with Waynes/Rhodes.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Krauser said:

He was mostly used as a slot corner last year. Also played outside corner for them last year, and both safety positions. 

He can line up in various positions like Harrison Smith but the Vikings could easily use him as a slot corner instead of Alexander/Kearse or an outside corner rotating with Waynes/Rhodes.

Sounds like he'd definitely make it easier to move on from Xavier or Trae after this season. Good cap move.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Krauser said:

Sounds good in theory while he’s still on a rookie contract. I think he’s either a slot CB or safety. Both spots look pretty good already with Alexander and Harris as ascending players. I’d lean towards keeping that early pick, may need it to retool the DL or add more OL talent.

41 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Sounds good in theory while he’s still on a rookie contract. I think he’s either a slot CB or safety. Both spots look pretty good already with Alexander and Harris as ascending players. I’d lean towards keeping that early pick, may need it to retool the DL or add more OL talent.

Waynes, Harris, Alexander, and Kearse are all set to hit free agency. Are you confident that you’ll be able to retain more than one?

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Waynes, Harris, Alexander, and Kearse are all set to hit free agency. Are you confident that you’ll be able to retain more than one?

The only one guaranteed to be gone is Waynes.  The other 3 could either way, with the most likely to return being Harris.  

Fitzpatrick attended pre-draft visits with the Chicago Bears, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and San Francisco 49ers. His versatility allowed him to possibly play safety or cornerback as a professional, but Fitzpatrick expressed his desire to primarily play cornerback to multiple teams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minkah_Fitzpatrick

5 minutes ago, swede700 said:

The only one guaranteed to be gone is Waynes.  The other 3 could either way, with the most likely to return being Harris.  

Right. So, losing your starting CB, possibly losing you’re two nickel defenders, and likely keeping your safety. 

Hughes would likely replace Waynes on the outside. But you’d still be down your nickel defenders. 

Fitzpatrick is a better nickel than what you have in Alexander/Kearse, and he’s better than anything you’d get to replace them in FA or the draft. 

So, unless you have a plan to keep Harris, Alexander, and Kearse trading a 2nd for Fitzpatrick is an absolute no brainer, and trading a 1st is likely as well. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Is Kearse’s role worth a high pick or big contract? I think he likely walks and is fairly easy to replace. Based on how MN has handled home grown players, I’m confident they will bring back 2 of 3 starting Dbs mentioned. I’m calling Alexander a starter. 

Remember when we all thought there was no way we’d keep all of Diggs, Kendricks, Barr and Hunter?

Edited by vikingsrule