NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

I do not understand the Minkah Fitzpatrick trade, from a Steelers’ perspective. Especially when the trade came AFTER the news about Roethlisberger missing the rest of the season. 

If the Steelers wind up with a top 10 pick, which is entirely possible, and lose out on a chance to draft Tua or Herbert, it’s going to be viewed as a colossal mistake. 

The Steelers better hope that Mason Rudolph takes the reigns, and looks the part of a franchise QB. 

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Apparently the Chiefs were one of the teams in talks with Miami. But if you’re Miami, who’s 1st round pick do you want?

Pittsburgh, clearly. Just no way you can do this with the QB situation they have.

Miami might do the fastest rebuild ever, if they pick the right QB. 

33 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t understand what Miami is doing. Draft picks look good on paper, but you’re really looking at a 50/50 of these picks working out. And you just traded away two young up and coming stars, at 2/4 premier positions. Players you’ll like use the draft picks obtained to replace. 

I'm not sure I'd do it either, but I understand the process. Draft the right QB, an OL and BPA in round one. Draft lots of OL and DBs.....

They should have plenty of cap to sign the best OL in free agency also. 

I don't put much stock into power rankings, but the comment associated with the Vikings ranking in the PFT power rankings this week was interesting:

10. Vikings (1-1; No. 8): The defense is good enough. The running game is good enough. The receivers are good enough. The offensive line is good enough. The special teams are good enough. The coaching is good enough.

What exactly are they trying to say here? Are they trying to say something without saying it?

Is it an indictment on the tight ends?

Incidentally, I disagree with their statement that the offensive line is good enough though the improvement so far is notable.

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

What exactly are they trying to say here? Are they trying to say something without saying it?

If you know anything about Florio, yes. He’s trying to say that the QB isn’t good enough. Which is on par with Florio since Cousins signed with Minnesota. Florio has had a burr under his saddle, in regards to Cousins, ever since he was proven wrong on the Cousins signing. 

Florio gets uptight and petty when he’s wrong about contracts. 

Edited by SemperFeist

11 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Florio has had a burr under his saddle, in regards to Cousins, ever since he was proven wrong on the Cousins signing. 

Ah, I didn't know he was proven wrong on the Cousins signing. I can't remember what he was wrong about, but I do not doubt that he remembers. I have seen him not use his PFT rumor mill to try and drive decisions rather than simply report news and rumors and he'll pick ships to go down with.  Maybe the Cousins ship was one of them.

Albert Breer of SI.com reports that Jacksonville's asking price is currently two first-round picks for Jalen Ramsey. Dianna Russini of ESPN reports that the team has received offers of a first-round pick and other considerations from at least two teams, but it doesn’t appear that’s enough to get a deal done.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/17/report-jaguars-want-two-first-round-picks-for-jalen-ramsey/

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

Ah, I didn't know he was proven wrong on the Cousins signing. I can't remember what he was wrong about, but I do not doubt that he remembers. I have seen him not use his PFT rumor mill to try and drive decisions rather than simply report news and rumors and he'll pick ships to go down with.  Maybe the Cousins ship was one of them.

Florio, if I remember correctly, got into a few Twittter spats and was pretty adamant that Cousins a.) was going to sign with the highest bidder, b.) was just using the Vikings to drive up the Jets’ offer, and c.) said that there would be no fully guaranteed contract. 

He was wrong on all three, and he’s been pretty salty about it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t understand what Miami is doing. Draft picks look good on paper, but you’re really looking at a 50/50 of these picks working out. And you just traded away two young up and coming stars, at 2/4 premier positions. Players you’ll like use the draft picks obtained to replace. 

I agree...look how having all those picks did wonders for Cleveland...I think 2/3 of them weren't even on the team 2 years later.