NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

48 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I don't recall the injury but I question why he wouldn't have had the surgery earlier. Unless they thought time could've healed it and just weren't seeing the results they needed to see.

I’m sure a lot of players are hesitant to be surgically operated on if time is an option.

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

I don't recall the injury but I question why he wouldn't have had the surgery earlier. Unless they thought time could've healed it and just weren't seeing the results they needed to see.

Morgan has surgery on his knee last spring. He’s still not healthy. I’m guessing this surgery is a follow up procedure. 

The Chiefs have four games to play before their Week 12 bye week, and an optimistic assessment of Patrick Mahomes‘ knee injury would be that Mahomes could return after the bye, having missed only those four games. But a more optimistic assessment would be that Mahomes can actually return having missed fewer than four games.

Albert Breer of SI.com reports that the Chiefs believe Mahomes may be back before the bye. That would mean he plays in Week 11 against the Chargers, one month from today.

Mahomes suffered a dislocated kneecap that knocked him out of Thursday night’s game against the Broncos, but he reportedly avoided any ligament damage. The Chiefs may have dodged a bullet.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/18/chiefs-think-mahomes-can-return-before-their-week-12-bye/

18 hours ago, vike daddy said:

The Chiefs have four games to play before their Week 12 bye week, and an optimistic assessment of Patrick Mahomes‘ knee injury would be that Mahomes could return after the bye, having missed only those four games. But a more optimistic assessment would be that Mahomes can actually return having missed fewer than four games.

Albert Breer of SI.com reports that the Chiefs believe Mahomes may be back before the bye. That would mean he plays in Week 11 against the Chargers, one month from today.

Mahomes suffered a dislocated kneecap that knocked him out of Thursday night’s game against the Broncos, but he reportedly avoided any ligament damage. The Chiefs may have dodged a bullet.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/18/chiefs-think-mahomes-can-return-before-their-week-12-bye/

The last thing in the world the Chiefs should do is to rush him back. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

You know what pisses me off....

Look at the Patriots schedule in their first six games and this week.....

2-4 w
0-5 w
1-4 w
4-1 w
1-5 w
2-4 w
1-5 tbd but 100% a w

11-28....

Can a team be gifted with an easier schedule to start the season?! Why can't we ever get a schedule/division that easy?!

The Patriots are handed a first round bye every season because they play in the worst division in football. The NFL should consider realignment... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

The Patriots are handed a first round bye every season because they play in the worst division in football. The NFL should consider realignment... 

It will all even out once Brady and Belichick retire. I don’t think realignment is necessary to combat any particilar team at a specific moment. However, I’d be on board with more of a geographical realignment. Just some examples, why the Dolphins in the East? Why not put them in the South and move the Colts to the North and the Ravens to the East. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

However, I’d be on board with more of a geographical realignment. Just some examples, why the Dolphins in the East? Why not put them in the South and move the Colts to the North and the Ravens to the East. 

Why? Because they tried to keep as many rivalries from the previous alignment as possible. Just think if Miami and Indy were switched though.....all those years of Brady vs. Manning matchups twice a year.

8 hours ago, Klomp said:

Why? Because they tried to keep as many rivalries from the previous alignment as possible. Just think if Miami and Indy were switched though.....all those years of Brady vs. Manning matchups twice a year.

Who cares about rivalries. New ones will form over time. Imagine if the Ravens or Colts were in the same division as the Pats the last twenty years. I’m sure this would be a great rivalry now.

The Chiefs currently are expected to stand pat at quarterback, making Matt Moore the starter and promoting Kyle Shurmur (son of Giants coach Pat Shurmur) from the practice squad for next Sunday night’s game against the Packers. Kyle Shurmur gets the nod as opposed to a free agent because Shurmur knows the system.

Then there’s Chad Henne. He’s eligible to return after Week Eight. So it could be Moore versus the Packers and Moore or Henne against the Vikings.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/20/chiefs-plan-to-stand-pat-at-quarterback-for-now/

Edited by vike daddy

The Chiefs are in a tough spot. Mahomes should be able to return in a few weeks so it’s difficult bringing in a new QB and having them learn the system in that time frame to be effective. However, the Chiefs aren’t going to win many games with Moore or Henne.

Fortunately, the Broncos and Chargers are both awful and the Raiders are simply mediocre. The Chiefs might just be okay. I’d still try and get an upgrade if I were them.