orlando magoc thread: franzchero era

FinneasGage

What are your guys' thoughts on moving Simmons to the starting lineup and having Ross come off the bench? Toronto drew the same conclusion that he is more of a bench player, and to me is more of a JR Smith type of player who is too streaky and inconsistent to be a starter. Obviously the team is playing well right now so I wouldn't shake it up yet, but when they hit a wall I think they should consider it. 

Here's a good article on it https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2017/11/01/simmons-may-be-more-effective-as-a-starter/

I like Simmons off the bench. Nice shot of aggressiveness. Eventually Ross is gonna have shots fall. He's been like... near elite on defense so far this year. I think both are good in their current roles. On that 2nd unit, Simmons really kinda runs the show. Throw him the starting unit and you're not gonna get all you can out of him. Aaron Gordon & Fournier already seem to piss each other off when they take shots that aren't 100% wide open. Not that Simmons wouldn't adjust his role, but I like just bringing him and letting him bulldog his way to the hoop freely. 

50 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

I like Simmons off the bench. Nice shot of aggressiveness. Eventually Ross is gonna have shots fall. He's been like... near elite on defense so far this year. I think both are good in their current roles. On that 2nd unit, Simmons really kinda runs the show. Throw him the starting unit and you're not gonna get all you can out of him. Aaron Gordon & Fournier already seem to piss each other off when they take shots that aren't 100% wide open. Not that Simmons wouldn't adjust his role, but I like just bringing him and letting him bulldog his way to the hoop freely. 

True. I can see both sides, I'm just lovin how Simmons is balling right and personally would love to see him crack the starting line up because I feel like he deserves it. But if coach sees it best fit to continue to have him come off the bench for that spark (I think Ross can do give that spark too with his streakiness) then I trust him. Vogels an awesome coach, I'm glad we have him he seems like such a cool relatable guy.

Also on a side note, I really like Simmons handling the ball at the end of games for us (atleast until Payton gets back who I'm curious to see if his game has progressed as well has Fournier, Gordon, and Vuc)

Edited by dtait93