orlando magoc thread: franzchero era

FinneasGage

4 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Doncic

jk

We really need a playmaker and/or point guard. I don't think you guys have anybody you'd be willing to give up that we'd be interested in. The only thing that's intriguing are Doncic, DSJ and future 1sts but that's all dumb to give up during a rebuild for someone like Vuc. You guys should tank it up again for 2019 and resign Noel to a cheap deal. Let Doncic and DSJ facilitate and develop while Barnes/Matthews/Dirk give you spot scoring and Noel patrols the paint. Take the BPA in the 2019 draft and try to sign a big time FA to pair with Doncic/DSJ/2019 1st with the 27 mil coming off the books from Matthews, Dirk, and JJ. If you can't sign a big time FA next offseason keep building through the draft and don't dish out any crazy contracts like you guys did for Matthews and Barnes. Just my opinion

I only ask because a beat writer here is predicting that we might trade for Vuc to be our starting center. I'm trying to figure out why he would be suggesting that.

1 hour ago, jfinley88 said:

Aaron Gordon RFA/Match
Tyreke Evans
Will Barton
Marcus Smart RFA
Fred VanVleet RFA
Dante Exum RFA
Mario Hezonja

looking at FA I'd think these would be the main targets

I wouldn’t mind taking a look at Teodosic if he declines his player option with the Clips

57 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I only ask because a beat writer here is predicting that we might trade for Vuc to be our starting center. I'm trying to figure out why he would be suggesting that.

Yeah no idea what you guys would have give up, maybe it would have to involve a third team? People obviously aren’t going to be lining up out the door to get Vuc but given his expiring contract and the fact that he is well equipped offensively, he will bring really good value to someone.

37 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Yeah no idea what you guys would have give up, maybe it would have to involve a third team? People obviously aren’t going to be lining up out the door to get Vuc but given his expiring contract and the fact that he is well equipped offensively, he will bring really good value to someone.

For sure, I think it'd make for a fun offense in Dallas, but I digress.

2 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

For sure, I think it'd make for a fun offense in Dallas, but I digress.

I hope for your sake they don’t trade for him lol. He’s soft and has a loser mentality and would probably maintain that loser mentality going to another rebuild. He’s basically a softer poor mans Gasol

So what if AG is offered the max and we decline to match and we just bring back Mario instead who will be way cheaper? He got better towards the end of the season. His per 36 last year was 16/6/2 and he shoots 52/34/82. We could just run Isaac at the 4 which is his more natural position anyways.

16 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

he ain’t wrong

Glad he sees that. I wonder how much of the Isaac injury situation was them just being overly cautious as well as passive because of their tanking efforts vs him being actually injured 

3 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Glad he sees that. I wonder how much of the Isaac injury situation was them just being overly cautious as well as passive because of their tanking efforts vs him being actually injured 

It just seemed like they didn’t want to risk anything when it came to him. With him bulking up, hopefully he will actually be able to stay on the court.

When he was on the court, he made a big impact defensively.