orlando magoc thread: franzchero era

FinneasGage

• 2 weeks later...

BAD

jalen suggs with one of the worst rookie debut's i've ever from seen from a magic man. **** he was rough. can't dribble by anyone. settling for ******* TERRIBLE shots early the clock. losing the ball just trying to very basic ****. terrible off ball D (hard to say how much of that actually on him). aside from making a couple plays on the ball in man D, i don't think he really did anything good. i dunno man. he needs a ton of work. a rookie prodigy he is not. pretty disappointing showing. 

ignas brazdeikis was doing some silly ****. last year i thought he played his role beautifully. EVERY ******* possession yesterday dude got the ball at the top and immediately drove to the hoop like he isn't the worst athlete on the court with the close to zero finishing ability. i dunno wtf he was doing. terrible showing from him. 

WHATEVER

cole anthony looks like the same guy pretty much. just doesn't hit his shots at a good enough clip. he brings so much juice to the team that i can't be even be mad. despite being a below par player i love watching him play just for the goofs. 

rj hampton looked good. played within the game well. everyone was taking bad shots besides him. still very green out there, but i like how he's trending. 

terrence ross deserves to be a on a better team. 

robin lopez was robin and i love having him on the team. that missed 1 foot hook was unbelievable tho. 

moritz is like the new khem birch/kyle o'quinn/dewayne dedmon imo. we got him back and i'm not sure why another big-deprived team didn't throw him a deal. he played well i thought despite the shooting %'s. 

GOOD

wendell carter played great / solid ball. i've loved what coach mose has done in the preseason, but only giving wendell 19 minutes last night was such a WTF decision. great stuff from wendell when he was on the court.

franz wagner made me happier than anyone last night. i've hated every second of him being on the magic just because i was convinced he was absolute dog ****. dude played excellent ball. non-stop movement on offense. always cutting. converted his easy buckets/good hands to wrangle in some kinda bad passes. help D was good. man/man he's not very good and his shot is still all ****ed up... i think franz is gonna be good now lol. barking at the refs every second on the court. i think franz came in with the intent of making sure he was seen on the court after being a ghost in SL/most of preseason. dude showed up and played great smart ball. 

mo bamba is a stud. he's great. best player on the squad right now. crazy. i hope once he gets paid he remains this guy. i don't trust him to care after he gets paid. 

if they're gonna hold out isaac and fultz long term this team is fighting for the #1 pick. 

BAD

Cole Anthony should prolly be outta the rotation if we wanna try and run an offense or something. he really shouldn't be a part of any NBA rotation. Leave him on the squad as a cheerleader, but this dude just doesn't have the goods in any capacity. maybe the most confident bad player the magic have ever had. 

Ignas Brazdeikis... ball sticks to him too long. if we're gonna put a guy out there just to be out there, make it a guy that just keeps the ball going

WHATEVER

Jalen Suggs... better than game 1. first half he was picking up right where he left off just doing everything bad. 3rd quarter we saw some of our first point guard play of the season. looked good running the O, still not hitting shots obviously but there were less awful shots. even tho he had two atrocious chucks early in the game. whatever he looked better.

Wendell Carter... just played his game. I think he just is what he is. Decent starter that's just solid all around. Decent game from him.

Robin Lopez did his thing. Randle abused him at points. What is he to do. 

Mo Wagner brought his spunk. 

GOOD

Mo Bamba is here, for as long as he wants to be. Was getting pushed around by Robinson and has to for sure just stronger, but another really good/promising showing

Franz Wagner has been the player on the squad that's been most conducive to winning basketball. Just another great showing from him man I'm stunned. plays smart ball... looks like a 2nd year guy already. hitting shots now for the first time. being aggressive when we stagnated. showing heart. im sorry Franz. 

Terrence Ross making ridiculous shots. He's not mailing it in.

RJ Hampton still looks so green out there moving around, but he did a lot of nice little things tonight. Hitting shots, not jacking things, playing good team ball.

RJ Hampton should be starting in this 9 man roster that we have. Suggs/Hampton/Wagner/Carter/Bamba is the obvious line-up. Cole needs a minute reduction. 

GAME 3

BAD

Iggy Brazdeikis got 2 minutes and they were 2 bad minutes. Imagine only getting 2 minutes when your team only has 6 non-centers available. 

RJ Hampton... was just complacent tonight. camping the perimeter throwing up duds. I didn't like what he did tonight. 

WHATEVER

Mo Bamba wasn't bad tonight. But he wasn't good. Wasn't hitting shots to make up for his weaknesses that have been pretty consistent thru this season so far. Just gets bullied by strong men. Still 13 boards and played his decent effort. Was huffing and puffing maybe harder than I've seen a player huff and puff in the middle of the 3rd quarter of a ho-hum regular season game. Still times where I see him and wish he just gave a little more. But whatever. He's had 4 years to get his body/conditioning right and just hasn't done it. 

Jalen Suggs wasn't bad. He was just kinda out there playing basketball not interjecting... keeping the ball moving. I really don't remember Jalen doing anything tonight tbh. All I remember was Randle hitting him the face hard as **** lol. Nothing really changed tonight... Jalen is very meh at this point. Scottie Barnes definitely looks like the more intriguing guy at this point. But I think most Magic were expecting Scottie to be a stud. 

Robin did his game.

GOOD

Franz Wagner with I guess his least impressive line only getting 10-7-2, but another great game. Played better than the line. Impacts winning and is 100% always fully engaged and just so smart. I love Franz. Franz is the best mover/cutter that the Magic have had since I've been a fan. Better than even AG in that regard I reckon. 

Wendell Carter probably his best game of the season. Nothing too special. But still... very solid game. 

Moe Wagner played his *** off tonight. Ended up +19 in like 14 minutes. He's just still really sloppy on the court and misses too much easy **** around the hoop. Did have the monster jam tho... Actually I'm copy n pasting this from whatever to good.

Cole Anthony is a wild ride. His enthusiasm can carry a team. It's just having him getting major minutes on your team will either sink or swim your team. Tonight he chucked shots and they went in. He crashed the boards hard as **** all night lol. He wanted to put on a show at MSG and he did. Let's see him do this with a hint of consistency. I'm pretty confident he won't, but I really hope he does because god damn do I want Cole to be a pillar of this team just because he's such a great character to have.

Terrence Ross with a ******* Terrence Ross special. Hitting stuuuuuupid shots the entire 4th quarter. When dudes hot he's one of the funnest guys in the league. 

Great game. Cole Anthony staking his claim for remaining in the starting line-up when Gary Harris returns soon. 

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Outscored the Wolves 43-19 in the 4th.

Franz and Cole make this team fun to watch.

im so happy that cole's been good man. best personality this teams ever had and now we can actually like have him as a building block. ****s exciting. just hope suggs can start converting some buckets. 

7 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

im so happy that cole's been good man. best personality this teams ever had and now we can actually like have him as a building block. ****s exciting. just hope suggs can start converting some buckets. 

Getting Fultz back to run the point and sending Suggs to the bench will be huge. Suggs just tries to do to much and plays 100 MPH. He needs to tone it down a bit and play within himself. He’s very wreckless.

I know we won’t win much but seeing performances like that from Franz and Cole is very encouraging. 

Is JI coming back anytime soon? The man got hurt like 16 months ago.

9 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Is JI coming back anytime soon? The man got hurt like 16 months ago.

feel like it's just a tank move. lose a buncha games and do everything they possibly can to strengthen this dudes ****in dog **** joints in the mean time 

between fultz, suggs, cole, hampton it's gonna be interesting how that shakes out...

obviously they're probably hoping it's cole/suggs... plenty of time to figure out the best 2 going forward... maybe even into next year.

also interesting that bamba's best minutes are kinda coming from the 4 spot. 

just so many decisions this front office is gonna have to make over the next 2 years.