Building blocks

Louis Friend

We've heard the terms "building blocks" and"foundation" used regarding building the Lions. So whom, in your opinion, are our building blocks? Who do you see the Lions building around 3-4 years down the road?

QB-

RB-

WR-

WR-

FLEX-

TE-

LT-

LG-

C-

RG-

RT-

DE-

DE-

DT-

DT-

LB-

LB-

LB-

CB-

CB-

FS-

SS-

K-

P-

LS-

Sewell, Ragnow, Decker, Swift, Okudah TJ, Fox, Okwara, Onwuzurike, Flowers,St. Brown, possibly Barnes, McNeill and Jackson.

I don’t think the Lions are as bad off as many think. 

Excluding QB they need a mauling guard beside Sewell, a #1 wideout, A CB, possibly two, safety, possibly #2 wideout, LINEBACKER.

Looking at draft capital and cap space the next two years the Lions are in a better situation moving forward than they’ve been in a very long time.

Some of the players I listed will no doubt be replaced depending on how future drafts fall.

If Goff works out and it looks to me like they’re trying to give him a legitimate shot, the Lions will be in great territory. 4 first rounders and no QB required. It’s a dream come true!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

HV I hated as a tackle, but he might become a decent guard. I still think we are picking top 5 next year, but I love how this is being built. Hate to drink the kool-aid this early, but in 2 years we could be legit.

I agree about draft position next year. I think many players on the Lions roster are poised for improvement next year. The rookies also need time to grow with the exception being Sewell. I think he bites kneecaps from day one. Implement the new systems, coach the heck  out of these guys and next year.........cap space, great draft capital. 🤠

I honestly think we will turn this around a lot faster than people think.  Next year we will need to get a couple of WRs but there will be FAs and the draft seems to be deep at the position every year.  I think next year we will win about 7-9 games and looking to make the final leap in year 3.  And if Rogers is gone...we might have just accelerated our accession.  

QB- Jared Goff

RB- D'Andre Swift

WR-

WR-

FX- Amon-Ra St. Brown

TE- T.J. Hockenson

LT- Taylor Decker

LG- Jonah Jackson

C- Frank Ragnow

RG- Halapoulivaati Vaitai

RT- Penei Sewell

DE- Trey Flowers

NT- Alim McNeill/John Penisini

DT- Levi Onwuzurike

DE-

LB- Derrick Barnes

LB-

LB-

CB- Jeff Okudah/Amani Oruwariye

FS-

SS-

CB- Ifeatu Melifonwu

K-

P- Jack Fox

LS-

So this is where we think we are at?

37 minutes ago, Lionized said:

Goff. There I said it. 

Honestly, it's not that far-fetched. The guy is only 26, and he'll be playing behind what should be a top OLine in the NFL.

We have four first round picks over the next two years. If we don't need a QB, and if Goff emerges at that guy, imagine what we could add with those picks.

• Like 2

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

You guys joke, but Dan Campbell is an innovator. You ever see a 7-1-3 defense? Because you're about to see a 7-1-3 defense.

Hear me out.... 9-2-0 defense. You won't have to worry about receivers getting behind you because the QB is going to be murdered!!