2021: 05.175 - Jets select CB Jason Pinnock

NewAge

Pick175
KC
Jason PinnockCBPittsburgh
OVR218
POS34 / 43
Pick Grade:Above Average

Pinnock only comes in at 218th on PFF’s big board, but this is a good fit at a clear position of need in New York. He brings three seasons of starting experience in Pittsburgh’s defense and has the skill set to play press coverage and drop back into zone coverage, which is what he will be asked to do in Robert Saleh’s defense.

23 hours ago, NewAge said:

Who was the last CB the Jets drafted from Pittsburgh?

This is the third Revis connection from this draft already (trade up to 14, MC2, now this).

Honestly didn’t know who Pinnock was this year but he’s got plus size, plus athleticism, and plus ball skills. He’s an analytics favorite. Definitely a worthy gamble. I love that our DB room is going to be an all out competition amongst 5th-6th rounders playing with something to prove and a chance to make a name for themselves as a starter in the NFL if their hard work pays off. 

For me it was clear that Saleh wanted Hybrid LB/S. And feels he can make them into contributors. I hope he’s right. And he has a history of getting the most out of mid late round CBs. So we just have to trust him there.