2021: 05.175 - Jets select CB Jason Pinnock

NewAge

I’m convinced he only slipped Bc of his 40 time (mid 4.5s). You’d like more speed from your CB. But he seems to get the job done. He’s a 5th rounder... so really making any difference for us is a plus. Really like the young talent we have in the CB room. You surround these kids with great coaching... and they’ll play. I imagine at some point between MC2, Pinnock and Echols we have at least 2 of them as decent contributors.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m convinced he only slipped Bc of his 40 time (mid 4.5s). You’d like more speed from your CB. But he seems to get the job done. He’s a 5th rounder... so really making any difference for us is a plus. Really like the young talent we have in the CB room. You surround these kids with great coaching... and they’ll play. I imagine at some point between MC2, Pinnock and Echols we have at least 2 of them as decent contributors.

I'm hoping Pinnock and Hall can man the outside and MC2 can be the Nickel. That's a best case scenario. Echols, Austin and Guidry as depth.

34 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I'm hoping Pinnock and Hall can man the outside and MC2 can be the Nickel. That's a best case scenario. Echols, Austin and Guidry as depth.

That’d be fantastic. It’s optimistic. But fantastic.

20 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

That’d be fantastic. It’s optimistic. But fantastic.

Time for optimism. Remember Sherman and Chancellor were 5th round picks,Even Seattle’s 6th round in 2011, Bryon Maxwell, ended up starting for 3 years. It would be nice to get a 5th or 6th rounder that can be key contributors. I think ou last ones were Kerley in 2011 and  Slauson back in 2009.

Edited by Rich51

36 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

Time for optimism. Remember Sherman and Chancellor were 5th round picks,Even Seattle’s 6th round in 2011, Bryon Maxwell, ended up starting for 3 years. It would be nice to get a 5th or 6th rounder that can be key contributors. I think ou last ones were Kerley in 2011 and  Slauson back in 2009.

Obviously we all hope it works that way. But the odds are stacked against it. If even 2 of these DB/LBs we chose get starting snaps and look great... we did great.

7 hours ago, Rich51 said:

Fatukasi was a sixth round pick in 2018. 

• Like 1