177th overall pick - Cameron McGrone - LB Michigan

SBLIII

5 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Sorry about the music. Kid has skill but he hasn't played much. 20 years old 5 star recruit.

nice upside pick like Cowart. Although I like him more. Hope he kicks Bentley out.

Just now, PatriotsWin! said:

Love this pick. Tons of potential.

BB is killing it in this draft with all these value picks. Such a nice change from previous years where we're reaching for unknown DBs in the middle rounds.

Caserio is gone. So thankful

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Looks like he will probably be on PUP minimum or IR. I think this makes sense given a few 1yr deals at LB.. redshirt him and hopefully he's ready to play after a year in the system.

seems like the plan. He can replace Bentley in 22. If he develops he can be a lot better than him.

Agreed, it's a good pick. Especially when they don't have many roster spots.. you can put him on IR and save a spot from this draft. 

Dylan Moses was an interesting one too.. went undrafted and the Pats didnt go after him.. Saban must have said he will never amount to anything. 

I don't see it with this guy at all. I think people have been overrating Michigan players for years and they see this 20 year old and think that youth+athleticism=homerun. Not good in coverage, gets pushed back and swallowed up on blocks from all type of offensive players, and plays average in pursuit athletically despite his test times. Not a fan of this pick especially with some of the players that were available here.

4 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I don't see it with this guy at all. I think people have been overrating Michigan players for years and they see this 20 year old and think that youth+athleticism=homerun. Not good in coverage, gets pushed back and swallowed up on blocks from all type of offensive players, and plays average in pursuit athletically despite his test times. Not a fan of this pick especially with some of the players that were available here.

That's why he was taken in the 5th round. He'll play a part on run defense, and he'll probably make some plays behind the line. He's basically another Elandon Roberts, who played a role well enough.

He will not be on the field in obvious passing downs, unless as a pass rusher. 

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

That's why he was taken in the 5th round. He'll play a part on run defense, and he'll probably make some plays behind the line. He's basically another Elandon Roberts, who played a role well enough.

He will not be on the field in obvious passing downs, unless as a pass rusher. 

I just don't think this kid has the ability to play the run effectively except as a blitzer and even at that he seemed overmatched quite a bit for Michigan.

Would rather have had JOK and Zaven Collins with the first two picks then a QB somewhere else in the draft instead of Baremore, Jones and this guy.

18 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Completely disagree lol

15 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I just don't think this kid has the ability to play the run effectively except as a blitzer and even at that he seemed overmatched quite a bit for Michigan.

Would rather have had JOK and Zaven Collins with the first two picks then a QB somewhere else in the draft instead of Baremore, Jones and this guy.

He's not a blitzer. I think he's strict run D only. He's a pyscho that is good at finding gaps when OL attack.