5.179 Simi Fehoko

TVScout

I think this is our first selection that I made at this exact pick in more than one sim. Therefore, it's the best. Future HOFer no doubt.

No but really, repleting our WR depth chart at this spot makes sense. Gallup, Wilson and Brown all FAs next spring

• Like 1

I was hesitant about this pick mostly it seems because I had no info about him. That high end speed is a good thing for this team. With that size can he also develop to be the blocker that Brown is. That to me will be the key to him getting regular snaps during the game.  This type of pick is also why I was wondering just how much value will Pitts give us.     

I can see his speed on the edge will keep the safeties honest and limit double teams of Coop and Lamb. Which means when 4 wide no TE's there are going to be a lot of open targets for Dak to throw too.  

After the draft, Will McClay said Simi Fehoko has “it”.

After watching him more this morning, I agree. We are the beneficiaries of a deep WR class on this one. Really good in jump ball situations and has surprising speed to get behind corners. Needs to be crisper with his routes to get separation earlier in the play. As a rookie, he’ll probably be limited to fly routes and WR screens as a result, but he has the potential to be much more.

Overall, I think he’s a clear candidate to replace Michael Gallup in 2022. Will be very surprised if he doesn’t make the final roster.

On 5/1/2021 at 2:51 PM, TVScout said:

Bigger version of Miles Austin.

I think this is a pretty good comparison. At least a young Miles Austin, we’ll have to see if he develops at the same rate.