2021: 06.186 - Jets select S Hamsah Nasirildeen

NewAge

It’s very obvious that they were targeting a specific type with both Sherwood & Nasirildeen, which was probably identified by Saleh and his staff. Both players are 6’2+, 215+, and have 34+ inch arms. Who knows if either will ultimately end up working out, but I absolutely love the thought process behind it. It feels forward thinking to me to identify and draft a couple players later in the draft based of protype rather then position, and then try to reinvent them in Saleh’s own imagine. 

The question I have that has yet to be seen is wether Saleh views them in a S/LB hybrid role or just flat out conversions to WILL. According to Mockdraftables, both Sherwood and Nasirildeen’s closest physical comparison is OLB Darius Leonard. Found that very interesting. 

Edited by BlaZeN37
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

It’s very obvious that they were targeting a specific type with both Sherwood & Nasirildeen, which was probably identified by Saleh and his staff. Both players are 6’2+, 215+, and have 34+ inch arms. Who knows if either will ultimately end up working out, but I absolutely love the thought process behind it. It feels forward thinking to me to identify and draft a couple players later in the draft based of protype rather then position, and then try to reinvent them in Saleh’s own imagine. 

The question I have that has yet to be seen is wether Saleh views them in a S/LB hybrid role or just flat out conversions to WILL. According to Mockdraftables, both Sherwood and Nasirildeen’s closest physical comparison is OLB Darius Leonard. Found that very interesting. 

Either Kiper or McShay mentioned Leonard when they showed Sherwood.  They were gushing about him.