6. 199 - Jaylen Twyman - DT, Pittsburgh

SemperFeist

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Sure he got some money up front from an agent right away, but sadly he could have helped his family a lot more financially if he played this year and was a late 1st or 2nd round pick.  Hopefully he is a great player and already has learned under a HOF DT in Aaron Donald.  

• Like 1

Just now, Ozzy said:

Sure he got some money up front from an agent right away, but sadly he could have helped his family a lot more financially if he played this year and was a late 1st or 2nd round pick. 

pretty sure his family's need for money was immediate, not something they could wait a year for...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

pretty sure his family's need for money was immediate, not something they could wait a year for...

True, but not sure how much one actually gets from an agent, what maybe $100,000 because the agent maybe thought he was a 1st rounder.  Who knows...  Still the difference in contract round to round is massive.  Look at the 1st and 2nd round compared to the 6th round.  Freaking this should be shown to every single college football player with pro asperations.  I mean honestly those are massive money differences there.....

1st Round – $16,939,370
2nd Round – $3,786853
3rd Round – $946,211
4th Round – $692,925
5th Round – $301,369
6th Round – $161,745
7th Round – $88,795

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True, but not sure how much one actually gets from an agent, what maybe $100,000 because the agent maybe thought he was a 1st rounder.  Who knows...  Still the difference in contract round to round is massive.  Look at the 1st and 2nd round compared to the 6th round.  Freaking this should be shown to every single college football player with pro asperations.  I mean honestly those are massive money differences there.....

1st Round – $16,939,370
2nd Round – $3,786853
3rd Round – $946,211
4th Round – $692,925
5th Round – $301,369
6th Round – $161,745
7th Round – $88,795

Can’t have an agent and play college football. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

1st Round – $16,939,370
2nd Round – $3,786853
3rd Round – $946,211
4th Round – $692,925
5th Round – $301,369
6th Round – $161,745
7th Round – $88,795

$100k cash can get me a lot....can help out a lot of family’s a lot

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Can’t have an agent and play college football. 

He opted out and was not playing college football last year obviously.  So I assume maybe he got some cash from an agent that way possibly this past year but again was probably the wrong choice long term financially.  

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

$100k cash can get me a lot....can help out a lot of family’s a lot

That is assuming an agent would give him that, I have no clue what agents pay prospects to be their agent up front, hopefully for his family this past year it was a lot.  

• Like 1

Just now, Ozzy said:

He opted out and was not playing college football last year obviously.  So I assume maybe he got some cash from an agent that way possibly this past year but again was probably the wrong choice long term financially.  

That is assuming an agent would give him that, I have no clue what agents pay prospects to be their agent up front, hopefully for his family this past year it was a lot.  

I know, even $20k can get you out of neighborhoods. $20k can pay for surgery’s. 

when you have hundreds or less.... thousands is life changing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, viking said:

Twymans 2019 highlights looks like a 1st round pick

I believe he was at a lower weight on that tape. Looks quicker & leaner than he did at his pro day. 

Rick Spielman already stated that he wants Twyman under or around 300.

• Like 1