6. 199 - Jaylen Twyman - DT, Pittsburgh

SemperFeist

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

the kid's dedication and focus is going to move his family out of poverty and murderous danger.

Yeah I feel like he will be even more motivated because of that. He will have a chip on his shoulder that most other kids won’t understand. When I heard him crying on that phone call I knew this guy has heart. That’s something you can’t teach. Crazy how he was being projected to go in the first and second round and we got him in the 6th. I think he can lead our DTs in sacks this year with 5+. He knows how to get to the QB. This was one of my favorite picks of the draft. 

• Like 3

This pick made me so happy & people around giving me weird looks lol  

Twyman is going to be a monster for us he was one of the guys I had consistently mock to the Vikings and one of my personal favorites.  Time to get to work

• Like 1

^^exactly...

and that's why i say, without ever having met the guy, is why he prioritized taking care of his family this last season, instead of "making the right business move" in playing another year in college so to be paid more upon entering the NFL.

dude is going to be thnkful and motivated, and it shows again the Vikings' emphasis on drafting high character young men.

• Like 2

I wonder if that moment is going to be in the back of Rick's mind when he's cutting the roster down to 53...

And honestly I couldn't help but laugh at Rick's reaction when Twyman was talking incoherently and Rick paused for a moment and then said "umm, well okay we're gonna draft you now".

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, whitehops said:

I wonder if that moment is going to be in the back of Rick's mind when he's cutting the roster down to 53...

And honestly I couldn't help but laugh at Rick's reaction when Twyman was talking incoherently and Rick paused for a moment and then said "umm, well okay we're gonna draft you now".

He’ll make the 53 man roster imo over guys like Jalyn Holmes and Brailford. On game day I think it’ll come down to Lynch or Twyman and I think over time Twyman will take over as the nickel 3T. Something we’ve been missing since Sheldon Richardson left. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

This could be the steal of the draft... really really wanted him to end up in GB.

Packers fan in a Vikings forum? When Packer fans start supporting the Vikings draft picks is when you know things aren’t going well in Green Bay. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Purplepride323 said:

Packers fan in a Vikings forum? When Packer fans start supporting the Vikings draft picks is when you know things aren’t going well in Green Bay. 

Child please. Me liking another team's draft choice literally has nothing to do with Green Bay. Was a HUGE fan of Jefferson last year and was in here giving praise for the selection. Some of us aren't complete tools when it comes to talking football on a football forum lol.

• Like 4