6th Round Pick: Racey McMath-WR-LSU

KingTitan

After looking at him some more, reading up on him... how he went to coaches and asked to play special teams so he could play. He was behind Chase, Jefferson and Marshall.

He needs a lot of work with his technique, but he flashes the skill.

If he can simply be a bigger version of Kalif Raymond this year, using his speed and abilities then I'd call that a win. 

Just look at the explosion off the line into his route. Then the acceleration after catching the ball. (Video should start at the 3:06 Mark).
Pretty nice. 
Yeah it's a blown coverage. I'm just looking at him and the skills he displayed. 

10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Just look at the explosion off the line into his route. Then the acceleration after catching the ball. (Video should start at the 3:06 Mark).
Pretty nice. 
Yeah it's a blown coverage. I'm just looking at him and the skills he displayed. 

Burst > top end speed in a run first offense where they stack the box against us and blitz. We need guys to get open fast for quick outs. And if this is JRob's guy, you know he has decent blocking skills.

Edited by TitanTuff

11 hours ago, KingTitan said:

After looking at him some more, reading up on him... how he went to coaches and asked to play special teams so he could play. He was behind Chase, Jefferson and Marshall.

He needs a lot of work with his technique, but he flashes the skill.

If he can simply be a bigger version of Kalif Raymond this year, using his speed and abilities then I'd call that a win. 

I think that, more than anything else, is why he was picked. Titans saw he was buried behind a super talented group of WRs, so there’s potential upside there. JRob seems to like spending later picks on guys who can play special teams well, since that’s probably more valuable than having your number 5 WR be better than the average number 5 WR.

Late round picks rarely turn into anything more than rotational pieces, and even that isn’t super common. I like the idea of spending those picks on guys who can contribute to ST at least, and if they do anything more, it’s gravy.

Still, should have just drafted a kicker.

16 hours ago, Daniel said:

Still, should have just drafted a kicker.

eh, we ended up getting haubeil in UDFA anyway and he was one of the better kicking prospects available. don't know that we desperately needed a kicker there.

5 hours ago, -Hope- said:

eh, we ended up getting haubeil in UDFA anyway and he was one of the better kicking prospects available. don't know that we desperately needed a kicker there.

I’m personally against drafting a kicker, unless it’s a rare, once in a generation kicking prospect. In terms of the career leaders in FG%, only 3 out of the top 20 were drafted (Stephen Gostkowski, Nate Kaeding and Harrison Butker). And Butker hasn’t even had his success on the team that drafted him (drafted by the Panthers, success has been with the Chiefs).

Most kickers psyche is so fragile and can be so volatile, that I just wouldn’t spend a pick on one (unless it’s a once in a lifetime guy as previous said). Let UDFA guys battle it out or bring in preseason stars from other teams who are cut, and hope for the best.

4 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I think he will be this years WR camp crush.

He just seems to have the abilities to become a productive WR, if he can refine his skills.

At the least, as I said before, can be a big deep threat taking Raymond's spot. 

I hope you’re right but I’m not seeing anything more than a special teamer, at the moment. Maybe he can refine his skills as you said, with some professional coaching.

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

I hope you’re right but I’m not seeing anything more than a special teamer, at the moment. Maybe he can refine his skills as you said, with some professional coaching.

I have to agree. His tape from minicamp hasn’t looked promising. Bad footwork and drops, IIRC.

But I think he was drafted mostly for special teams, which is kindof JRob’s MO too.

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

Yep. Anything more is a grand slam pick. All I’m expecting is a good gunner on SPT. I mean we basically drafted two SPT players with the last two picks. If the coverage teams aren’t the best in football this year after all the resources we’ve put into it, my lord....

8 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I know a lot of players have measurables. Just hoping that he can find a way to use his....Not that he will be relied on, just good enough to get 4-6 snaps on offense. 

Hopefully all in 13 personnel! The defense will never know what’s coming 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Hopefully all in 13 personnel! The defense will never know what’s coming 

You mean the WR with only one real skill lined up alone on the edge isn't unpredictable!??  
Good day sir.   I wish you a good DAY!Schitts Creek Reaction GIF by CBC