New York Giants 2021 Draft

ny92mike

18 hours ago, Acgott said:

Giants/Rams is of course the most important game for us, as I live in California. Can’t let me friends have bragging rights again! I just don’t want it to be week 1, as my friends are away that week.

I believe Giants vs. Eagles will open it up.

Stafford playing for the Rams definitely makes me a bit nervous, but I've got a feeling we're going to have a top 5 defense this year.  

Ojulari's 'injury' concerns are interesting, because nothing happened to him in college. You can absolutely expect the same player he was in college to start out this year and his career. The problems stem from an ACL injury in high school that may be 'degenerative' down the line. He doesn't need to do any sort of rehab or anything like that. 

My wife works in healthcare and told me that some doctors will flag anyone who has ever had an ACL injury with a "degenerative knee condition". It is definitely not a death sentence, and it could be nothing. Worst case from this is his knee starts to give out at 30 (he's only 20 right now) and he's forced to retire.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Ojulari's 'injury' concerns are interesting, because nothing happened to him in college. You can absolutely expect the same player he was in college to start out this year and his career. The problems stem from an ACL injury in high school that may be 'degenerative' down the line. He doesn't need to do any sort of rehab or anything like that. 

My wife works in healthcare and told me that some doctors will flag anyone who has ever had an ACL injury with a "degenerative knee condition". It is definitely not a death sentence, and it could be nothing. Worst case from this is his knee starts to give out at 30 (he's only 20 right now) and he's forced to retire.

If he's good enough where his degenerative injury starts to impact him down the line it's already a win because we will have hit on the draft pick

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Any thoughts on what our 53 man roster might look like?

It doesn't seem like there will be too many shockers at the moment from what I can see. I guess Slayton has an outside chance of getting cut but I highly doubt it. The name I've been seeing the most is Ximines being on the chopping block and I wouldn't be shocked to see Julian Love get cut.. they just don't seem to value him despite his versatility.