Gutey or Rodgers?

VonKarman

Gutey or Rodgers?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Which side are you on?

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

I blame both, I don’t have to convince anyone on this god damn board why, and my god damn opinion doesn’t change a god damn thing about our current situation.  I will now say three Hail Mary’s.

You said Hail Mary 😭

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This isn't all media BS. 

This is a 4-month-and-counting contract negotiation that is only now starting to get ugly. 

Agree! Except o think it’s just becoming public now. I think it’s been ugly so to speak for some time or very slow and frustrating from Rodgers perspective and so it’s just becoming public now, but agree!

23 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Both sidesism is ridiculous here. 

Gute's "sin" of not telling a player that a player was going to be drafted at his position pales in comparison to Rodger's shenanigan's with this negotiation and demanding a trade/threatening to retire. 

Completely agree! I think having the conversation with Rodgers after could’ve helped, if he didn’t do that, to let him know hey this is where he was ranked and we had an opportunity to get him and acted quickly. 

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

And what happens when you communicate your plan to your QB and he throws a fit about it? Do you let him cry himself out like a toddler, or do you capitulate to his demands?

Nothing good comes from involving players in roster decisions. 

That’s the biggest if that Gute can’t even control. By all accounts over the past several months every key person involved has publicly stated Rodgers is our guy for 2021 and plans for years after too. The plan has been stated he is the guy. Rodgers doesn’t believe that or wants the contract to prove it that’s on him not Guye. And no reason to rush a contract or over pay with him under contract for 3 years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hands said:

ARod had one great post season and won a SB. Defense let him down a few times, but let's not forget he has come up short several times.

Hence look for a replacement before his skill set bottoms out. If Rodgers couldn't handle that then he should have played better against TB and make it back to the SB.

Can't let the tail wag the dog.

We almost lost to a 3rd string QB on the Bears, wasn’t that great of a playoffs....

5 hours ago, Siman08/OH said:

All you guys saying “team first” and Gutey over Rodgers, are you okay with being a perennial non playoff team? Because that’s a real possibility if we don’t fix this and we lose Rodgers.

It doesn’t matter how much talent we have on the roster if we don’t field a good QB. And I for one would rather watch a good product than a bad product.

Look at Cleveland post James or Chicago post Jordan or Van Halen post Roth or even New England post Brady. I don’t give a damn about Gute, football is entertainment to me, so make them two grown *** men fix the situation and keep the band together. 

I’ll say it: yes, I’m okay with whatever comes after. Let’s call it a “beautiful mystery” 

10 minutes ago, deathstar said:

We picked a potential starter and TB picked someone who sucks?

Every bit this - To compare taking a QB on Day 3 versus Day 1 and pretending somehow there’s similarity between the two, is almost as ignorant as letting a church run your NFL franchise. Sorry @ET80 no disrespect intended. 😜

6 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Every bit this - To compare taking a QB on Day 3 versus Day 1 and pretending somehow there’s similarity between the two, is almost as ignorant as letting a church run your NFL franchise. Sorry @ET80 no disrespect intended. 😜

None taken, I agree.

Couldnt care less. This entire "The Diva's gotta be in on the organization's decision making..." is entirely a social / sports media construct. It's a variant of their usual slobbering over stars.

Favre could chuck 19 INTs in the very worst of situations, yet sports media would love on his "gunslinger effort" - rather than his boneheaded play that killed more than a few seasons.

It's some weird "stars as victims" theory.

I dont feel badly for AR. Sorry dude. I  respect the efforts and achievements - but he doesnt run the team off the field and this little "drama escapade" he just pulled has dropped him down a few notches in my book.  He behaved like a puss IMO. He chose the big stage.....to behave like a puss.

Edited by Leader

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Couldnt care less. This entire "The Diva's gotta be in on the organization's decision making..." is entirely a social / sports media construct. It's a variant of their usual slobbering over stars.

I dont feel badly for AR. Sorry dude. I  respect the efforts and achievements - but he doesnt run the team off the field and this little "drama escapade" he just pulled has dropped him down a few notches in my book.  He behaved like a puss IMO. He chose the big stage.....to behave like a puss.

Just like yesterday, your hypocricy is amazing. Here you are acting like a "puss" whining about AR behaving like a "puss"-again, amazing hypocricy... It's OK, you're butt hurt over AR wanting out of GB. This has put your AR hate on full rage and you're lashing out behing your keyboard. You're entitled to that.

If you actually wanted the facts just trace the narative hehind this notice thing about the Love pick. Don'y worry, your AR hate is still gonna burn strong. It'll just be sillier then it is now.

Just now, Donzo said:

Just like yesterday, your hypocricy is amazing. Here you are acting like a "puss" whining about AR behaving like a "puss"-again, amazing hypocricy... It's OK, you're butt hurt over AR wanting out of GB. This has put your AR hate on full rage and you're lashing out behing your keyboard. You're entitled to that.

If you actually wanted the facts just trace the narative hehind this notice thing about the Love pick. Don'y worry, your AR hate is still gonna burn strong. It'll just be sillier then it is now.

Donzo. What portion of this discussion is over didnt you understand. I've got your take. You repeat it continually. We'll agree to disagree and leave it (and the discussion) there.

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

Donzo. What portion of this discussion is over didnt you understand. I've got your take. You repeat it continually. We'll agree to disagree and leave it (and the discussion) there.

It's a message board thread, not a private chat. I'm not discussing anything with you.  In the thread, I simply highlighted your amazing capicity for hypocricy, how butt hurt you are and how that has yout AR hate on tilt. I posted nothing to you while you just posted directly to me with starting your post with my board name... Again, you just can't get away from your hypocricy thing- lol.

It's all good. I'm done with the AR hatemongers- enjoy!