Gutey or Rodgers?

VonKarman

Gutey or Rodgers?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Which side are you on?

4 minutes ago, R T said:

It's okay to disagree on this because only a very few truly know Rodgers thoughts, but I don't think contract security has much to do with this at all.

Why is he asking to be traded then? Because Gute didn't consult him on draft strategy? Because Gute didn't draft a WR last year? Because Gute re-signed Clark, DB and Jones instead of some other players he'd have preferred?  None of that makes any sense. 

If GB hadn't drafted Love, do you think any of this would be happening right now?

The team has to be willing to let him sit.  He plays or you sell high, at our leisure. No way do you have a fire sale, he’ll sit before that happens.  Broncos, Dolphins, Raiders or whoever.  He will be moved after this year if he so desires but only for top payload and I’m more than fine with any and all of that.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Because he is a baby that needs to be babied.

not the first time front office brass makes a call, and that goes for every team in the NFL. A courtesy that should have been appreciated.   The brass needs to stand by their decision and not let a player dictate policy.

Those comments just don't work for me as legit reasons

22 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

If GB hadn't drafted Love, do you think any of this would be happening right now?

I'm pretty sure if the Packers drafted Patrick Queen, AJ Dillon, and Josiah Deguara in 2020 the "the Packers have not supplied Aaron Rodgers with weapons" narrative probably should not have been any less vigorous.

So Rodgers might still be disgruntled, but would probably find less broad support in the media.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 1

I'd be curious to know the terms Rodgers wants. If it's something like another 2 years at 50-60m total, with most of it guaranteed, I'd be open to it. If he wants to get back to the top of the QB pay scale, forget it. Either show up or retire then. That's the difference between him and Brady, Brady got to this age and never cared about where he ranked on the pay scale for QBs, and that's why he's #1 on the ring scale. I was always hoping Rodgers would move money around at this point in his career to make that possible. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd be curious to know the terms Rodgers wants. If it's something like another 2 years at 50-60m total, with most of it guaranteed, I'd be open to it. If he wants to get back to the top of the QB pay scale, forget it. Either show up or retire then. That's the difference between him and Brady, Brady got to this age and never cared about where he ranked on the pay scale for QBs, and that's why he's #1 on the ring scale. I was always hoping Rodgers would move money around at this point in his career to make that possible. 

Another two years beyond the three already on the contract?

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Sure, if he plays as well as last year, I'm good to commit to him. I doubt he sees the full 5 years, but it at least buys him security until 2023.

Damn. The guy's living a charmed life.
He gets a four year (?) extension when he's got two years left on his contract.
Then he gets a two year extension to that extension when he's got three years left on it.

I get the "quality of play" aspects - I dont think GB will move off him when/if he's playing at this level....but, just saying.

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Damn. The guy's living a charmed life.
He gets a four year (?) extension when he's got two years left on his contract.
Then he gets a two year extension to that extension when he's got three years left on it.

I get the "quality of play" aspects - I dont think GB will move off him when/if he's playing at this level....but, just saying.

Being a GOAT has its perks.

1 hour ago, Les Punting said:

Why is he asking to be traded then? Because Gute didn't consult him on draft strategy? Because Gute didn't draft a WR last year? Because Gute re-signed Clark, DB and Jones instead of some other players he'd have preferred?  None of that makes any sense. 

I'm fairly sure the drafting of Love was an organization decision.  I doubt Murphy and MLF had no idea Gute was taking Love.  Its about a transition to the next era.  

• Like 1