Post-Draft Early Regular Season Prediction Thread

BayRaider

What is our record this year?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What is our record this year?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2021 at 10:00 PM

7 hours ago, Jerry said:

MVP.  GOAT.  Bitty 3.0.

Every single aspect of the Raiders team is as good  if not better than last year. Waller and Carr are going to have a huge year. They are going to be the #1 combo receiver and QB in the NFL. Drake is going to help both the passing and running game. The WRs are unproven but the most talented ones we had in a long time.

The defense has better coaching and more talent then last year.  Yannick and Morning should big upgrades at the weakest parts of the defense.

Special teams are gonna be sick because of all the safety-LBs the Raiders have.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Every single aspect of the Raiders team is as good  if not better than last year. Waller and Carr are going to have a huge year. They are going to be the #1 combo receiver and QB in the NFL. Drake is going to help both the passing and running game. The WRs are unproven but the most talented ones we had in a long time.

The defense has better coaching and more talent then last year.  Yannick and Morning should big upgrades at the weakest parts of the defense.

The Oline is significantly worse. And if history has taught us anything, pressure destroys Carr. This offense is going to go through some issues and isn't going to be a top 10 scoring unit like a year ago with that Oline.

Defense will improve (how couldn't it), but they still have holes and lack depth. It's still a bottom of 3rd of the league defense, just not bottom 3 like last year.

The roster is the least talented overall in the division, except they have a better QB than Denver. 

This is a 7-8 win team. What A players exist on this team outside Waller? Let's say Yannick is an A player on defense. But whom else?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The Oline is significantly worse. And if history has taught us anything, pressure destroys Carr. This offense is going to go through some issues and isn't going to be a top 10 scoring unit like a year ago with that Oline.

Defense will improve (how couldn't it), but they still have holes and lack depth. It's still a bottom of 3rd of the league defense, just not bottom 3 like last year.

The roster is the least talented overall in the division, except they have a better QB than Denver. 

This is a 7-8 win team. What A players exist on this team outside Waller? Let's say Yannick is an A player on defense. But whom else?

Devils Advocate wasn’t the oline banged up last year and the offense outside the red zone td % excelled 

2 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

Devils Advocate wasn’t the oline banged up last year and the offense outside the red zone td % excelled 

Definitely. That amazing OLine really didn't play last year.  Miller and Hudson were the only ones playing all year. Having Ritchie back can only be looked at as a positive in my book.  Good was reliable across the board, so wherever he ends up can only be good for his consistency.  Brown wasn't a factor at all, so someone better than Sam Young is an upgrade. 

So from my standpoint, we should be upgrading at 2-3 spots, staying pat at 1-2, and downgrading at Center.  You'd think we'd be excited with that or at the very least less concerned.

4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I don't know if this was just a very positive moment for you, or a lot of sarcasm.  Either way I'm all for it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, true2form said:

Definitely. That amazing OLine really didn't play last year.  Miller and Hudson were the only ones playing all year. Having Ritchie back can only be looked at as a positive in my book.  Good was reliable across the board, so wherever he ends up can only be good for his consistency.  Brown wasn't a factor at all, so someone better than Sam Young is an upgrade. 

So from my standpoint, we should be upgrading at 2-3 spots, staying pat at 1-2, and downgrading at Center.  You'd think we'd be excited with that or at the very least less concerned.

LG and RT should be upgrades when you swap T. Brown for Leatherwood simply due to Brown being injured all last year and I consider D. Good and G. Jackson both about the same caliber at RG.  Inc coming back is an upgrade at LG.  Center is the only downgrade.  We'll see how tha tplays out.  I really don't think our OL is going to take a massive step back like some posters are saying.  I mean you said it already, K. Miller and Hudson held the OL down all year long and we still stayed in the top 10 in scording.  

As for defense, just no way you can say we haven't gotten better.  Ngakoue, Moehrig, DT position should be improved.  I think we are going to continue to be competitive.  Just need to win 2-3 more games than we did last year.

4 minutes ago, Jerry said:

LG and RT should be upgrades when you swap T. Brown for Leatherwood simply due to Brown being injured all last year and I consider D. Good and G. Jackson both about the same caliber at RG.  Inc coming back is an upgrade at LG.  Center is the only downgrade.  We'll see how tha tplays out.  I really don't think our OL is going to take a massive step back like some posters are saying.  I mean you said it already, K. Miller and Hudson held the OL down all year long and we still stayed in the top 10 in scording.  

Incognito is 38 years old and missed all of last season with an Achilles injury. Obviously if he's healthy he's an upgrade but if he's not, which is realistic to expect, then we'll likely have John Simpson starting at LG. Leatherwood projects to be good but he's an unproven rookie and look at how Kolton Miller played as a rookie. 

An OL of Miller - Simpson - James - Good - Leatherwood could be good or it could be pretty bad, tbh.

That group will have 2 players that played 0 snaps in 2020 and one guy that played sparingly. 

Edited by NYRaider

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Incognito is 38 years old and missed all of last season with an Achilles injury. Obviously if he's healthy he's an upgrade but if he's not, which is realistic to expect, then we'll likely have John Simpson starting at LG. Leatherwood projects to be good but he's an unproven rookie and look at how Kolton Miller played as a rookie. 

An OL of Miller - Simpson - James - Good - Leatherwood could be good or it could be pretty bad, tbh.

That group will have 2 players that played 0 snaps in 2020 and one guy that played sparingly. 

Didn't Simpson, James, and Good all get playing time last year?  James probably got time in 2018 and that's where I'm mixed up.  They've all played snaps in the NFL though right?  Only one who hasn't is obviously Leatherwood.

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Didn't Simpson, James, and Good all get playing time last year?  James probably got time in 2018 and that's where I'm mixed up.  They've all played snaps in the NFL though right?  Only one who hasn't is obviously Leatherwood.

James didn't play at all last season, he has one started and played terribly. 

6 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

Running game was lackluster. YPC were down. You have to take pressure off Carr with a strong run game to set up the pass. The Oline is completely unproven and could experience some serious growing pains. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The OL sucked last year and RT was a revolving door. Hudson is a big loss, but besides him, do you really see a dropoff from Jackson to Good? Or adding Incognito back in the lineup?

I do think if Incognito isn't 100%, it will really hurt up front.

9 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

The o-line was banged up but the problem was that two of the starters that did not get hurt are gone and the one that came back is 38 coming off of an Achilles injury.  I think Good and Miller will be fine but the 3 other spots are question marks without any trustworthy backups.  One of our top 2 backups is Parker and that is only if our top O-linemen goes down.  If he needs to go to the right side he is probably our worst backup.  Good thing we got that 3rd center in the 7th or else I would be really scared.  The line is 1-2 injuries away from completely falling apart.  We are extremely thin on the line but it is okay because we have Cable.

• Like 1