Post-Draft Early Regular Season Prediction Thread

BayRaider

What is our record this year?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What is our record this year?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2021 at 10:00 PM

37 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

The OL sucked last year and RT was a revolving door. Hudson is a big loss, but besides him, do you really see a dropoff from Jackson to Good? Or adding Incognito back in the lineup?

I do think if Incognito isn't 100%, it will really hurt up front.

Huge drop off if Incognito can not stay healthy.  Good can only play one guard spot at a time.  We need to dependable backups for me to start feeling comfortable.

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Huge drop off if Incognito can not stay healthy.  Good can only play one guard spot at a time.  We need to dependable backups for me to start feeling comfortable.

I think Simpson showed some things. I was hoping we would take another guard though because besides him, IOL depth is shallow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think Simpson showed some things. I was hoping we would take another guard though because besides him, IOL depth is shallow.

that's why I was hope that last pick was a guard. We already have Martin as backup center, and we should confident in James if we paid him. If Richie breaks down, we have nothing behind Good and Simpson. An UDFA could have slid in there, but got nothing. Could maybe get a cheap vet

12 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The Oline is significantly worse. And if history has taught us anything, pressure destroys Carr. This offense is going to go through some issues and isn't going to be a top 10 scoring unit like a year ago with that Oline.

Defense will improve (how couldn't it), but they still have holes and lack depth. It's still a bottom of 3rd of the league defense, just not bottom 3 like last year.

The roster is the least talented overall in the division, except they have a better QB than Denver. 

This is a 7-8 win team. What A players exist on this team outside Waller? Let's say Yannick is an A player on defense. But whom else?

How is the O-line worse?? 2 of the 3 linemen didn't play a lot last year ( Brown didn't play a lot for the last 2 years) and  Incognito is back which is a huge upgrade over last year.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

that's why I was hope that last pick was a guard. We already have Martin as backup center, and we should confident in James if we paid him. If Richie breaks down, we have nothing behind Good and Simpson. An UDFA could have slid in there, but got nothing. Could maybe get a cheap vet

I’m wondering if they think Morissey has guard versatility.

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

How is the O-line worse?? 2 of the 3 linemen didn't play a lot last year ( Brown didn't play a lot for the last 2 years) and  Incognito is back which is a huge upgrade over last year.

The real answer is: No one knows.

LT will be the same.

LG with Richie back is an upgrade.

C is a clear downgrade. 

RG will be about the same. Good isn’t a far drop off from Gabe. 

RT is tricky. Leatherwood will have clear growing pains his first year. Hard to imagine it could be worse than our RT play last year, but it could be about the same.

So two positions of the same play, one downgrade, one upgrade, and RT is a question mark. 

I think we’ll have pretty similar line play as last year. But really, no one knows. Could be better, could be worse.

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The real answer is: No one knows.

LT will be the same.

LG with Richie back is an upgrade.

C is a clear downgrade. 

RG will be about the same. Good isn’t a far drop off from Gabe. 

RT is tricky. Leatherwood will have clear growing pains his first year. Hard to imagine it could be worse than our RT play last year, but it could be about the same.

So two positions of the same play, one downgrade, one upgrade, and RT is a question mark. 

I think we’ll have pretty similar line play as last year. But really, no one knows. Could be better, could be worse.

LT- I actually think Kolton Miller is just hitting his prime. I could see him making a move to All Pro-Pro Bowl level. I think he is close and his salary will hype him around the year. He is the leader now 

LG- Richie missed the entire year. He's the wildcard this year, I wonder if he can come back, or at least hold up. You have to expect a drop off at somepoint. Also wonder if Simpson is ready, can Cable develop him

C- downgrade in 2021, but James has potential. 

RG- feel the same. Gabe and Good are a wash. Gabe wasn't worth the money 

RT- think same, be nice if Leatherwood came in and was rock solid. He will get tested as a rookie.  

I think there is a lot of potential, but still alot of youth need to prove themselves. 

5-12

KC, LAC, BAL, MIA, WFT, KC, LAC, CLE, DAL, PIT, NYG, IND are the ones I expect to lose. Maybe split with the Broncos instead of sweeping them and beat one of the NFC east teams. Even like Chicago I think is going to be tough.

I could also see a wildcard berth, I just dont think it's likely. NFC East teams and Chargers are the most likely to flip to wins for us for the ones I listed as expect to lose I think.

Edited by Trojan

15 minutes ago, Trojan said:

5-12

KC, LAC, BAL, MIA, WFT, KC, LAC, CLE, DAL, PIT, NYG, IND are the ones I expect to lose. Maybe split with the Broncos instead of sweeping them and beat one of the NFC east teams. Even like Chicago I think is going to be tough.

I could also see a wildcard berth, I just dont think it's likely. NFC East teams and Chargers are the most likely to flip to wins for us for the ones I listed as expect to lose I think.

So we go from 4-2 in the AFC west to 1-5? I don't think so. 

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That isn't that far fetched. The Raiders have the worst roster in the division easily. 

KC is miles better and got better this offseason with Reed addition and a rebuilt Oline. Chargers,  I think the Raiders can split with them. If Herbert builds on last season, it could be tough. Denver they just don't have the QB, but if Lock turns a corner (doubtful) they are going to be a tough team.

No two seasons are the same. Just because they beat KC a year ago doesn't mean they will again. Way to many question marks with the Raiders right now. Oline and WR being unproved. So many young players on defense they will rely on to boost that unit. I don't like this team for 2021. They look more built for 2022

17 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

The o-line was banged up but the problem was that two of the starters that did not get hurt are gone and the one that came back is 38 coming off of an Achilles injury.  I think Good and Miller will be fine but the 3 other spots are question marks without any trustworthy backups.  One of our top 2 backups is Parker and that is only if our top O-linemen goes down.  If he needs to go to the right side he is probably our worst backup.  Good thing we got that 3rd center in the 7th or else I would be really scared.  The line is 1-2 injuries away from completely falling apart.  We are extremely thin on the line but it is okay because we have Cable.

I don't know man.  We made do after losing T. Brown and Inc, I think we'll find a way to keep moving forward.  I think our offense will be about the same as last year or at least top 15 if we start losing OL.

12 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I certainly can’t see 1-5, but I definitely don’t expect a 4-2 repeat. Odds are we’ll get swept by KC this year. We’re not sweeping Denver, likely a split, their roster is actually really good minus the QB situation. As for L.A. probably also a split. I’d say 2-4|3-3 both have a 50% chance of happening.