🏈 Pick #230 is in: OL, Jimmy Morrissey, Pittsburgh

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This is a joke right? If not.... yeesh

Yeah I was going to say something myself but...WHY? 

People think the way they think for various reasons. He read it as a negative and I read it as a positive. Which is funny because I'm quite negative when I'm on this board. LOL

Probably because I'm STILL SALTY about MACK!!! Some don't forget/forgive but we will move on. I watch less games since then and one day I hope I don't care and moved on. I didn't even know basketball/baseball was playing. So glad I cut the cord. Can always find entertainment elsewhere.

17 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That’s the point is that they didn’t think they could necessarily land him as an UDFA, hence why they drafted him. Especially given they have 2 centers already on the roster.

Yeah, I would've preferred to take a swing on a CB, WR, DE, or OT with some upside. Morrissey looks like he could be a solid backup but isn't that what we signed Nick Martin for? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, I would've preferred to take a swing on a CB, WR, DE, or OT with some upside. Morrissey looks like he could be a solid backup but isn't that what we signed Nick Martin for? 

We can get rid of Martin if Morrissey shows he's ready for that. That'd give us a backup under contract for the next 4 years instead of a vet on a 1 year contract.

PFN thinks he's a potential late round steal.

There is not much about the Las Vegas Grudens, I mean Raiders, that I care for. Still, they lucked into a late-round steal in Pittsburgh’s Jimmy Morrissey. Thanks to the Raiders selling their stout offensive line for parts, Morrissey will be competing for the starting center role in training camp. 

A former walk-on, Morrissey has a chip on his shoulder to aid Las Vegas in the trenches. 

I wouldn't say he's competing for the starting role but I won't be shocked if he makes the roster over Martin. Worst case, they stash him on the PS.