UDFA Thread

CBears019

2 hours ago, RamRod said:

You guys signed Virginia Tech K Brian Johnson. He was pretty good for us last season.

Sadly he's almost assuredly not making the team.... Cairos "Carlos" Santos has been pretty solid for us in this most recent stint... We do need a punter, but this guy doesn't appear to punt.$

1 minute ago, Epyon said:

Sadly he's almost assuredly not making the team.... Cairos "Carlos" Santos has been pretty solid for us in this most recent stint... We do need a punter, but this guy doesn't appear to punt.$

not to mention he signed a 5-year contract extension...

• Like 1

i'm most excited for snowden. obviously he's the highest ranked guy we brought in, as it appears most services had him rated as a late day 2, early day 3 pick. but this dude just screams leonard floyd, and with desai coming in to run the vic defense, i could see this snowden coming in to play that role. if he does well in the offseason, could see him pushing a guy like vaughters off the team, with our depth looking like

Mack, Gipson, Snowden

Quinn, Attachou 

9 hours ago, Epyon said:

Love when people bring out the Carlos Santos joke and in the same post spell his actual first name wrong

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

i'm most excited for snowden. obviously he's the highest ranked guy we brought in, as it appears most services had him rated as a late day 2, early day 3 pick. but this dude just screams leonard floyd, and with desai coming in to run the vic defense, i could see this snowden coming in to play that role. if he does well in the offseason, could see him pushing a guy like vaughters off the team, with our depth looking like

Agreed 100%

19 hours ago, soulman said:

More scouting info on the Bears UDFA.  Good read with more info.

Chicago Bears (Photo by Rey Del Rio/Getty Images)

Chicago Bears (Photo by Rey Del Rio/Getty Images)

Chicago Bears: Deep dive into the hype of the 2021 NFL Draft (part 3)

https://beargoggleson.com/2021/05/08/chicago-bears-hype-udfa-2021-nfl-draft/

"The Chicago Bears seem to have a significant focus on the defensive tackle position. That does not make well for Akeim Hicks, but they must know that they need to find the next Hicks soon before Hicks runs out of gas. Defensive tackle Sam Kamara of Stony Brook is one of three defensive tackles added to the roster. Kamara is a bit undersized for the defensive tackle and end position. Kamara is listed at 6’2″ and 275 pounds."

Good lord, that's just HORRIBLE writing. Painful to read. Where the hell do they find these people, and why do they hire them? And then, retain them? If I ran that site I'd be totally embarrassed that crap appeared upon it. 

Anyhoo...I think it's clear that defensive tackle is not a "significant focus" right now, and that the drafted guy Tonga, has a chance to be a keeper. 

The meat of the write-up is fairly spot-on though, regardless of how poorly that analysis is shared, and worded. I really think that Snowden and Parker make the team. 

• Like 1

I believe a lot of their content is coming from blog type authors not Pulitzer Prize winners......LOL.

I think Tonga could very make the roster but what I see in his college game tends to agree with the summary.  He can be as much an Akiem Hicks as he is an Eddie Goldman.

As for the others Pace is always looking for the next Bryce Callahan or RRH.  Some of these UDFA have traits similar to guys like that we've lost through FA.  If one or two of them make the roster and another one or two the PS I'd call it a good haul.