Recapping the 2021 Draft (Post-Draft Talk)

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Deablo was a slight reach according to most as well though. 

Not as bad as Muse imo. Muse was probably drafted mostly for his physical traits and potential, whereas Deablo showed much better on the field and still has ample potential. 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I agree 100% I'm just saying I don't believe a heart condition that he was cleared of is what caused him to be drafted in the 2nd round

Then what was it? Maybe teams weren't as high on him as the media. Especially after seeing Simmons struggles. 

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Not as bad as Muse imo. Muse was probably drafted mostly for his physical traits and potential, whereas Deablo showed much better on the field and still has ample potential. 

Muse was really productive for Clemson his last two years.

Next year is really a make or break year for Carr. We have a big decision to make on his extension. 

I agree. It'll be tough for Jon to justify trading DC if he has another good season and we make the playoffs. However if he struggles I think DC is a goner. I wonder how the QB class next year projects?

Who knows maybe they're good friends with Mike Mayock who told them to put in a good word for his first round pick

I think Leatherwood was a reach but he definitely has the physical tool box you look for in an OT. 

• Like 1

I think Leatherwood was a reach but he definitely has the physical tool box you look for in an OT. 

Oh I know I was just being sarcastic because I heard that on here somewhere that anybody that is saying anything positive about Leatherwood(especially post draft) it's just friends with Mayock lol

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I agree. It'll be tough for Jon to justify trading DC if he has another good season and we make the playoffs. However if he struggles I think DC is a goner. I wonder how the QB class next year projects?

Hard to say at the moment. There aren't really guys like Fields or Lawerence who look like sure fire top picks. But there's always guys that rise like we've seen with Wilson and Burrow over the last two years. 

Some QB's with 1st round potential, imo, are Spencer Rattler, Sam Howell, Kedon Slovis, Malik Willis, JT Daniels, Phil Jurkovec, and Bo Nix. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Oh I know I was just being sarcastic because I heard that on here somewhere that anybody that is saying anything positive about Leatherwood(especially post draft) it's just friends with Mayock lol

Interested to see how Leatherwood plays this year, he has all of the tools for sure. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Interested to see how Leatherwood plays this year, he has all of the tools for sure. 

Oh yea me too. The main guys I'm looking at this year:

-Andre James

-Alex Leatherwood

-David Irving

-Solomon Thomas

-Damon Arnette

Oh yea me too. The main guys I'm looking at this year:

-Andre James

-Alex Leatherwood

-David Irving

-Solomon Thomas

-Damon Arnette

James will certainly be one to watch, still so weird that we essentially handed him the starting job. Not sure he beats out Martin or Morrissey. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

James will certainly be one to watch, still so weird that we essentially handed him the starting job. Not sure he beats out Martin or Morrissey. 

They have confidence in him but I'm not gonna lie that Morrissey guy can play