Recapping the 2021 Draft (Post-Draft Talk)

I first caught wind of Kollman probably a few years ago after he made a vid on Khalil Mack being the league's best edge player. Been following his content since then. Also he had a good amount of interaction online with guys like Ted Nguyen who I had also been following for a while too.

It's not like he has a 100% hit rate on his takes or anything, but he puts out some high quality review footage and does a good job covering players/teams somewhat objectively.

Alex Rollins is another really good youtube follow for that type of content.

Edited by Turnobili

11 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Kollman has each of Moehrig, Deablo, and Gillespie on his list here.

Just watched this. I found his take on how he thinks Bradley will run the defense really interesting. I had said after the draft that I liked the fact that they had invested in Bradley and his coaches vision for what the defense needed - speed and versatility. Kollman explains how that fits how Bradley’s defenses have evolved 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

I was a little skeptical until his first player.  Then I realized this guy is really good.  Just kidding but I agree with the Marshall take up to Golladay.  He very well could reach that potential but until he shows something in the pros I would not call him Golladay plus.  I had him in the TW class and thought he would have been a perfect WR here.  Draft did not work out to allow us the opportunity but getting Marshall in the 2nd but would have been a steal.  I was open to trading back in the 1st to take him.  Really wish we could have filled our needs in FA so we could have gone BPA because at 48 Marshall would have been top 3 BPA with JOK and Ojulari.  Maybe if we would have trade the Bowden or Muse pick for a future 2nd.  So frustrating looking back at the 3rd round last year.

13 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I was a little skeptical until his first player.  Then I realized this guy is really good.  Just kidding but I agree with the Marshall take up to Golladay.  He very well could reach that potential but until he shows something in the pros I would not call him Golladay plus.  I had him in the TW class and thought he would have been a perfect WR here.  Draft did not work out to allow us the opportunity but getting Marshall in the 2nd but would have been a steal.  I was open to trading back in the 1st to take him.  Really wish we could have filled our needs in FA so we could have gone BPA because at 48 Marshall would have been top 3 BPA with JOK and Ojulari.  Maybe if we would have trade the Bowden or Muse pick for a future 2nd.  So frustrating looking back at the 3rd round last year.

yeah, i was fuming at our 3rd round picks last year. got chastised here a bit for calling them reaches lol. i feel better about Deablo than I did Muse because he's a better athlete (Muse ran a good 40 but his tape did not show nearly the same lateral agility that you see with Deablo, nor the tackling technique). I still don't love the Deablo pick because of how much of a project it feels like, though I have been very complimentary of Gillespie and Moehrig picks. I'm pretty agnostic about the Koonce pick, but I think we would have done better to ship of both 3rds to get back into the second and grab JOK

He's right on Bradley wanting versatile safeties. That is music to my ears and means Abram's days are numbers. He's a one trick pony who they missed on and needed to correct that mistake sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1

As a unit, not all in the Top 5 separately. 

He also has Vikings taking Darrisaw at 23 the biggest value/biggest steal/best pick of the entire draft. 

If we drafted Darrisaw over Leatherwood, with the rest of the draft staying the same, this draft is easily an A- to me instead of a C+, and our best one on paper since 2014. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

As a unit, not all in the Top 5 separately. 

He also has Vikings taking Darrisaw at 23 the biggest value/biggest steal/best pick of the entire draft. 

If we drafted Darrisaw over Leatherwood, with the rest of the draft staying the same, this draft is easily an A- to me instead of a C+, and our best one on paper since 2014. 

Which is why it will be interesting to see who develops into the better player and to compare the progress of all the tackles they could’ve taken instead either at 17 (Darrisaw) or had they chosen, like I think we all wanted, to have traded back and had to take an alternative to AL (Jenkins, Eichenberg, Little etc.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Which is why it will be interesting to see who develops into the better player and to compare the progress of all the tackles they could’ve taken instead either at 17 (Darrisaw) or had they chosen, like I think we all wanted, to have traded back and had to take an alternative to AL (Jenkins, Eichenberg, Little etc.)

Even if Leatherwood does well, he's pretty cemented into a Zone Scheme which is why I'm sure Cable loved him. Darrisaw can play in any scheme. If Gruden/Cable get fired, we are likely rebuilding the entire OLine... again...