Recapping the 2021 Draft (Post-Draft Talk)

On 5/11/2021 at 3:01 PM, BayRaider said:

Leatherwood is a perfect fit as a Zone Blocking Run Blocker. However, that's not what people are worried about. His Pass Protection leaves a lot to be desired. I'm not expecting no Parker/Miller rookie season, but odds are, his pass protection will be bad. 

I like Leatherwood will have an easier time adjusting to the league by far than Miller or Parker did. 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 9:18 AM, NYRaider said:

I like Leatherwood will have an easier time adjusting to the league by far than Miller or Parker did. 

That was part of the point. 3 year starter at multiple positions in the SEC. Game is not too big for him. Granted, I thought Darrisaw was a better prospect, but Leatherwood's gonna be a good player IMO.

Was he the best player available? Probably not, but this FO is committed to taking need in the 1st round no matter what.

I'm very happy with day 2/3 though. We have gotten younger and faster on defense, while adding some savvy vets like Hayward and Ngakoue who can help right away.

On 5/16/2021 at 3:06 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

That was part of the point. 3 year starter at multiple positions in the SEC. Game is not too big for him. Granted, I thought Darrisaw was a better prospect, but Leatherwood's gonna be a good player IMO.

Was he the best player available? Probably not, but this FO is committed to taking need in the 1st round no matter what.

I thought it was interesting that we reportedly had Leatherwood as OT1 in the class over Sewell and Slater. We also seemed to knock guys that sat out last season so that could've played into it as well. 

Some media outlets have Leatherwood's arm length at 34.5" and others had him at 33 7/8" so I wonder which is correct. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I thought it was interesting that we reportedly had Leatherwood as OT1 in the class over Sewell and Slater. We also seemed to knock guys that sat out last season so that could've played into it as well. 

Some media outlets have Leatherwood's arm length at 34.5" and others had him at 33 7/8" so I wonder which is correct. 

He's a dominating run blocker, had an elite RAS, and has mega long arms. I definitely didn't have him above Sewell/Slater/Darrisaw/Jenkins, but that's just me. I still think he could be very good if he is coached up.