7 242 Tre Nixon WR, UCF Height: 6-2, Weight: 180

m haynes

1 hour ago, PatriotsWin! said:

YEEEESSSSSS. Steal this late. Might be my favorite pick, given the spot. Man this draft has been awesome.

We need to tamp down the enthusiasm. The last time I saw people here so happy about a draft class, it was 2006, and we all know how that turned out. 

I can understand the lack of receiver given all of the effort put into the position during free agency. This team added 4 pass catchers which are going to get the majority of the snaps. 

The real questions are going to be how well those guys do and if Meyers can take another step towards being a long term receiving solution here. Even for Harry.. can he at least turn into a redzone guy ? Or do we see him pushed into a big slot position like a lot of people talked about when he was drafted.. Bourne / Agholor can play on the outside, would be interesting to see Harry try and play on the inside more. 

Should receiver still be a big issue this upcoming season, we could see a top pick go towards one next offseason once Jones takes over. 

15 hours ago, Starless said:

We need to tamp down the enthusiasm. The last time I saw people here so happy about a draft class, it was 2006, and we all know how that turned out. 

idk 2010 was really popular with Gronk, Hernandez, Spikes, Zoltan 

• Like 1

I think any draft which has a QB at the top is going to excite a fanbase. This draft though I don't plan on getting excited for till next season, with how BB treats rookies you aren't going to see these guys play much this season. 

Barmore will likely get the most playing time in a sub role, if he has carved out a relatively large role by the end of the year I would be happy. Jones may not play a snap outside of pre-season.. Perkins maybe plays a bit if Winovich is traded, but probably not more than Jennings did last year. Overall I wouldn't expect to see much from these guys as rookies given how much the team invested in free agency. I'm excited by the potential now, but many of these guys will be long forgotten once the season starts 

I'm pretty excited to see last years class though, those guys have a lot of potential. I think Dugger / Uche break out this year and start to make a big impact on this defense. 

2 hours ago, Crimmage said:

I think any draft which has a QB at the top is going to excite a fanbase. This draft though I don't plan on getting excited for till next season, with how BB treats rookies you aren't going to see these guys play much this season. 

Barmore will likely get the most playing time in a sub role, if he has carved out a relatively large role by the end of the year I would be happy. Jones may not play a snap outside of pre-season.. Perkins maybe plays a bit if Winovich is traded, but probably not more than Jennings did last year. Overall I wouldn't expect to see much from these guys as rookies given how much the team invested in free agency. I'm excited by the potential now, but many of these guys will be long forgotten once the season starts 

I'm pretty excited to see last years class though, those guys have a lot of potential. I think Dugger / Uche break out this year and start to make a big impact on this defense. 

Agreed. I think Dugger was already really good last year. Uche too but only in limited snaps. Onwenu was brilliant. 

On 5/1/2021 at 8:33 PM, Starless said:

I have to agree. I think Tre Nixon and Stevenson are the only non-garbage picks on day 3. Stevenson was a reach who came recommended by a coach that Bill is familiar with and the first two picks were Alabama guys. Nothing really changed with this draft from previous ones in terms of how the selections were ultimately decided it seems. I give this draft a C+ as far as the execution by the Patriots staff and a B- in terms of the actual players hauled in overall, (since the value at a particular point in a draft is out of the players control).

22 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Barmore will likely get the most playing time in a sub role, if he has carved out a relatively large role by the end of the year I would be happy.

Baremore worries me a little bit. Slipped because of difficulty handling coaching and has apparently a lot of refinement needed still. The value is in the ceiling with Baremore. He has legitimate top 5/10 pick in a draft talent.