Post your grades on how you thought JD and company did in the draft. I will withhold mine for the time being so I can think about our day picks. 

A-

Didnt love some of the picks on day 3, thought their was some better prospects available, but Wilson was my favorite player so getting him was incredible and Tucker, Moore were also top players at positions of need so high grades there and Carter is the type of rb we didnt have on the roster

Its nitpicking but im def happy overall

We came out with at least 4 starters. You can't complain about that. I'm hesitant about us trying to convert 2 safeties to LBs, but we'll just have to wait and see how Saleh develops them. A lot of competition in the secondary. We don't just look good on offense now, we look for for years to come. I still expect us to struggle pretty bad in our division, but we're going to at least compete. 

Posted (edited)

I think it was an A.

We took the best QB available. We then took 3 players on offense that will be able to support Zach right away. We could have easily falling into the trap of thinking Zach will uplift the team.

We then used day 3 to take shots on guys who also can provide help on special teams. My expectation for day 3 picks is a backup who can help on special teams. We got those guys.

While I would have drafted another OL, a TE and a FB, this was still a great draft in my book.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

We then used day 3 to take shots on guys who also can provide help on special teams. My expectation for day 3 picks is a backup who can help on special teams. We got those guys.

That is my knock on a lot of those picks, though.  We could have traded a 4th and 6th to move into to bottom of the third round and gotten Melifonwu who could have been a starter for us in a year at outside CB. Pinnock could have been had as a UDFA. You get my point. They did not have to be just dart throws and ST players. 

A-

Only reason it's not an A or A+ is because of the amount of DBs we took.  I would have preferred grabbing a pass rusher but at least we got Hamilcar.

For you idiots who are complaining we didn't take a flyer on certain OL or TE or CB earlier or this falling guy....look at the bigger picture.  We have an identity.  We FINALLY surrounded a QB with talent.  At OL, WR and RB.  We had an actual strategy.  Then in the later rounds we drafted developmental guys, some who were captains, who are fast, athletic, good tacklers, all project to be great STers and it has Saleh's fingerprints all over it.  He is bringing in guys that will work in his system.  Stop bitching about Day 3 picks.

2022 will be the icing on the cake, when we land a stud edge rusher and/or CB. And then still have TWO 2nds.

• Like 4

It was a good draft. I love the first 4 selections, I think each will have significant roles as rookies. Wilson will start day 1. AVT will start day 1 at LG. Moore is basically going to force his way on the field, I think he'll have a big impact. Carter is going to make plays right away and possibly our most productive RB this season.

The others are good athletes and hopefully will provide depth and maybe one of the guys can get time at WLB. 

Maybe I’m biased but I give it an A. I can’t remember the last time - including last year - that I was this excited about a draft class. Countless years of disappointment from Macc and Idzik just made me numb to it all. We got a (hopefully) franchise QB and surrounded him with top tier talent at all three levels. Plus Saleh proved last year he can get top notch production from un-sung heroes so I’m a big fan of the approach we took on Day 3. 

First time in a while I can admit I’ll watch the Jets games this year instead just automatically starting my Sunday with Redzone. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

A-

Only reason it's not an A or A+ is because of the amount of DBs we took.  I would have preferred grabbing a pass rusher but at least we got Hamilcar.

For you idiots who are complaining we didn't take a flyer on certain OL or TE or CB earlier or this falling guy....look at the bigger picture.  We have an identity.  We FINALLY surrounded a QB with talent.  At OL, WR and RB.  We had an actual strategy.  Then in the later rounds we drafted developmental guys, some who were captains, who are fast, athletic, good tacklers, all project to be great STers and it has Saleh's fingerprints all over it.  He is bringing in guys that will work in his system.  Stop bitching about Day 3 picks.

2022 will be the icing on the cake, when we land a stud edge rusher and/or CB. And then still have TWO 2nds.

Idiots! Bitching!  You the **** made you the authority on here as to what we can say. You know damn well you would be “bitching” and would be the “idiot” if any defensive player was selected before day 3. 

9 minutes ago, xrade said:

Idiots! Bitching!  You the **** made you the authority on here as to what we can say. You know damn well you would be “bitching” and would be the “idiot” if any defensive player was selected before day 3. 

Why would I be bitching?  

What people aren't understanding is there is an actual strategy and vision between JD and Saleh.  This is rare territory yet people are complaining about very minute things, guys who will be out of the league in 3-4 years.

25 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

A-

Here to amend that

giphy.gif