They could have had this in the fifth /sixth 

DT Davion Nixon 

S Jamar Johnson 

CB Rodarious Williams 

LB project hamsah 

CB Brandon Echols 

OT Stone Forsythe 

Don't mind the sixth round picks at all. But round five was a disaster 

I was a little surprised that we didn’t double dip on the OL. I’m thinking maybe JD thinks Clark can win the job. For some reason, which no longer matters, Gase didn’t give him a shot.

@bcb1213on the face of it I would agree, but I have to believe that these are Salah picks and that they are possible fits into the defense he wants to run. In truth I never heard of Sherwood or Pinnock but I’m just a 70 year old evaluating guys based on limited film, podcasts and internet reviews. It ain’t my job.

14 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

I was a little surprised that we didn’t double dip on the OL. I’m thinking maybe JD thinks Clark can win the job. For some reason, which no longer matters, Gase didn’t give him a shot.

@bcb1213on the face of it I would agree, but I have to believe that these are Salah picks and that they are possible fits into the defense he wants to run. In truth I never heard of Sherwood or Pinnock but I’m just a 70 year old evaluating guys based on limited film, podcasts and internet reviews. It ain’t my job.

Being an auburn fan I've watched sherwood. He'd be fine as a project backer too. But taking two of them seems like a luxury for this team.  

13 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Being an auburn fan I've watched sherwood. He'd be fine as a project backer too. But taking two of them seems like a luxury for this team.  

The only thing I can think of is they see both as starters down the line perhaps. Mosley is gone after this year probably and Davis is on a 1 year deal

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

We got a star LG. It was worth it

Absolutely. I may not have done that based on the scant info out there. But like I said, if you got a guy you really want to get him. JD did just that at our 2nd most pressing need. Great job. As someone said, if AVT turns out to be an All-Pro no one will remember the two thirds. 

I like the draft, grades are more relative to value and if the team drafts a bunch of guys you never heard of then you're likely to give them lower grades. If they dont address your perceived needs then you're likely to give them lower grades. Ultimately I feel like offensively we added a ton of talent Wilson, AVT, Moore and Carter will all play and contribute this season which is huge. Defensively we added a lot of projects who can hopefully have some roles in either the defense or special teams. If we grab a Staring CB, Nickel and WLB and a rotational DL out of this group and the rest just provide depth this its a homer but at worst if a couple of these guys are depth pieces then you can live with it. 

I would give JD a passing grade, Saleh and his staff will decide whether or not we aced it however. JD did his part well IMO.

14 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

First four rounds A+

Round 5.  F

Round 6 B

They could have had this in the fifth /sixth 

DT Davion Nixon 

S Jamar Johnson 

CB Rodarious Williams 

LB project hamsah 

CB Brandon Echols 

OT Stone Forsythe 

Don't mind the sixth round picks at all. But round five was a disaster 

Please explain?

Edited by jetjuice

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think all of us would be saying A+ if the picks after Carter (the RB) were a bit more spread out. But it is what it is. I think when said and done... this will be a franchise changing draft for us.

No that’s why I love it. I like the all-out approach and I like the guys we got quite a bit.

Peep Jason Pinnock on IG, dude is built like a tank.

14 hours ago, Rich51 said:

We have a 5 man competition at RG already (Lewis, GVR, Levin, Feeney, Clark). 

10 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Please explain?

We took the first of two project safeties to linebacker.  By himself OK but again, no need for two. A 5'9 guy who has no business in a cover three. And another dude who was a wr and now a CB. Sadly he's the best of the bunch