Draft Day Grades

xrade

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

All I can say is Douglas did a get job. and making a big deal about fifth or six round picks is a joke. the chance of any of those picks making the final roster is slim to none.

Even harder if those picks are all the same position which is what is the only gripe I think people have. 

5 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Even harder if those picks are all the same position which is what is the only gripe I think people have. 

Sherwood and Hamsah will make the roster as LBs IMO. But all these CBs wont IMO.

Those first 4 picks for you guys really must feel like a lightning bolt reinvigorating the franchise. I'm super high on what the Jets did and how they're trending. Especially pairing Elijah Moore with Zach Wilson, that's just such an amazing move. IMO Elijah's floor is Cole Beasley and his ceiling is Antonio Brown. He's an amazing WR prospect whose only flaw is that he isn't a couple inches taller. The analytics and tape all point to him as a future superstar. If Bateman wasn't there, he's who I wanted the Ravens to take in Round 1. Thanks for keeping him away from the Chiefs, Titans, Steelers, Browns, etc. Good luck this season. 

• Like 2

I woould give an over all grade of B- to C+ area.

The first thing is I'm not sold on Wilson. I think he was a reach becasue of the hole they created by trading Sam. I would like to have kept Sam and traded down with the 49ers. They would have given a boat load for that pick. I think you just made a sideways move going from Sam to Wilson. 

I hate the trade up in the first round. We gave up way to much to move up and you would have plenty of options on the IOL like Dickerson, Creed, Jenkins and others. 

The other picks are okay but anything from round 4 and on is a guess anyways. The early part of the draft I think was not a smart move but we will see in time. The best pick I think is Moore who I think will be a beast. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Sherwood and Hamsah will make the roster as LBs IMO. But all these CBs wont IMO.

I think MC2 and Pinnock are basically locks as 5th round picks. Echols and Isaiah Dunn will probably have to fight for their spots. 

Thought you and the Browns knocked it out of the park:

Loved these picks:

Round 1 (2nd overall) Zach Wilson, QB, Brigham Young
Round 1 (14th overall) Alijah Vera-Tucker, OL, USC
Round 2 (34th overall) Elijah Moore, WR, Mississippi
Round 4 (107th overall) Michael Carter, RB, North Carolina
Round 6 (186th overall) Hamsah Nasirildeen, LB, Florida State

Grade A.

6 hours ago, doumeyer said:

All I can say is Douglas did a get job. and making a big deal about fifth or six round picks is a joke. the chance of any of those picks making the final roster is slim to none.

That's the problem if you really feel that way 

5 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Those first 4 picks for you guys really must feel like a lightning bolt reinvigorating the franchise. I'm super high on what the Jets did and how they're trending. Especially pairing Elijah Moore with Zach Wilson, that's just such an amazing move. IMO Elijah's floor is Cole Beasley and his ceiling is Antonio Brown. He's an amazing WR prospect whose only flaw is that he isn't a couple inches taller. The analytics and tape all point to him as a future superstar. If Bateman wasn't there, he's who I wanted the Ravens to take in Round 1. Thanks for keeping him away from the Chiefs, Titans, Steelers, Browns, etc. Good luck this season. 

Love you and your avatar.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NewAge said:

I think MC2 and Pinnock are basically locks as 5th round picks. Echols and Isaiah Dunn will probably have to fight for their spots. 

None of these rookies are locks. I’m sure you were one of the guys thinking Shaq Evans would of been a starter in his rookie year and instead don’t think he ever even made a catch for us. Not calling you out on that just saying these rookies haven’t and shouldn’t get anything given to them. 

Look at all these kids who’ve never even barely played...McDougle, Polite, George, Saunders, Amaro, Smith, Maulden, Hackenburg, Burris, Stewart, Hansen, Leggett, Donahue, Nickerson, Edoga, Wesco. These guys were all 2nd-5th round guys over the last few years and I’m probs missing many more. 

2 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Love you and your avatar.

Thanks 😁. Gengar representing the Ravens colors and general approach to football was definitely a realization that made me happy. Thought he'd fit perfectly as an AVI.

• Like 1

B+

I was hoping for a top CB at 23 and IOL at 34.  Turns out Newsome and Jenkins were available at those picks.  That being said JD went for certainty so I admire his gutsyness on trading up.  Some one criticized selection of Wilson earlier in this thread - rationale that we could have gotten a boat load of picks for #2.  But that boat sailed weeks ago, those of us who wanted same have moved on and accepted faith and wisdom of JD.  He is better evaluator than any of us.

One thing that has not been mentioned is Chi draft.  For longest of times a number of people wanted Fields at #2 and hoped that Jenkins would be available at #23.  Well they got both players.  In Jet fans eyes they had a terrific draft.

I like the comments this year of some of the writers who had to post draft grades.  One said he felt this was a rediculous effort since drafts which are praised day after draft can be ripped 2 years later.  He realized he posted only because he knew that fans loved this fantasy analysis and it would draw more clicks.

USA Today had 11 teams which awarded A- or better.

nfl.com had 19 with A- or better.

Pretty funny. 

2 hours ago, xenajets said:

None of these rookies are locks. I’m sure you were one of the guys thinking Shaq Evans would of been a starter in his rookie year and instead don’t think he ever even made a catch for us. Not calling you out on that just saying these rookies haven’t and shouldn’t get anything given to them. 

Look at all these kids who’ve never even barely played...McDougle, Polite, George, Saunders, Amaro, Smith, Maulden, Hackenburg, Burris, Stewart, Hansen, Leggett, Donahue, Nickerson, Edoga, Wesco. These guys were all 2nd-5th round guys over the last few years and I’m probs missing many more. 

By locks I mean locks to make the roster, not to actually be good. I may be wrong but I think every single person you named aside from Polite made the roster as a rookie despite being quite bad in just about all cases. My point is barring a Polite esque camp or an injury, Pinnock and MC2 are just about guaranteed roster spots. 

I think this applies to the first eight guys they took this year. 

Edited by NewAge

12 hours ago, NewAge said:

By locks I mean locks to make the roster, not to actually be good. I may be wrong but I think every single person you named aside from Polite made the roster as a rookie despite being quite bad in just about all cases. My point is barring a Polite esque camp or an injury, Pinnock and MC2 are just about guaranteed roster spots. 

I think this applies to the first eight guys they took this year. 

Sorry yeah I agree that most will/should make the roster but actually turn into impactful players is tough. Going from our previous 5/6yrs damn near impossible lol!  

Going from college to the pros must be unbelievably tough...especially in a post covid world now where TC and all that stuff will harm the rookies. 

Edited by xenajets